All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Gallstones? Barbie Question new
      #352084 - 11/13/09 08:08 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

When I had attacks it felt like someone was sitting on my chest.The pressure got worse and worse.Belching helped and my husband would pound on my back but my attacks would last for four to five hours.I had one stuck in the ducts,it would fall back out but eventually it got stuck and even a sip of water would send me into extreme pain.
You will have no doubt about it if its a gallbladder attack

Go have an ultrasound done on it and they will tell you if you have stones

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Gallstones? new
      #352085 - 11/13/09 08:09 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

You can do a gallbladder cleanse.

Go to a holistic healer and ask them.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#365053 - 06/08/11 06:01 AM
Islandsguy123

Reged: 03/02/11
Loc: Savannah,GA

Sorry to bring back such an old post, but I'm considering my problems to be a gallbladder issue. I'm having an ultrasound done tomorrow morning.

To anyone with gallbladder attacks, are they worse at night? Mine come usually between 7 - 1 am. Last night I woke up at 1 am with gurgling in my stomach and had to relieve the gas for about an hour and a half. Sometimes I'll have D and cramping will last for a day and a half.

#365055 - 06/08/11 07:35 AM
boron

Reged: 05/11/11

Not from experience, but from some study: a gallbladder related pain is usually felt in the upper middle abdomen or below the right rib cage. It is a cramping pain (prolonged cramps may last from several minutes to few hours; they are often triggered by meals and appear within an hour after the meal). It often radiates into the right shoulder or scapula. It is sometimes associated with nausea.

Gurgling and gas appearing several hours after the meal (or diarrhea lasting for a day and half) are not typical for gallbladder disorders, but rather for food intolerances, like fructose malabsorption or lactose intolerance.

--------------------
I don't have IBS.

#365056 - 06/08/11 08:51 AM
Islandsguy123

Reged: 03/02/11
Loc: Savannah,GA

I agree that it could be food intolerances. It seems worse when I have red meat and fatty foods from my food diary. Even when I don't have lactose or much fruit.

Heather mentioned in The First Year of IBS, "For patients with indigestion, nausea, and bloating, an abdominal ultrasound to rule out gallstones."

According to WebMD, "When symptoms do appear, they include the following: Pain in the upper abdomen and upper back. The pain may last a long time (several hours), Nausea, Vomiting, Other gastrointestinal problems, including bloating, indigestion, and gas."

So my symptoms are included, so I'm checking it out. I'll know for sure tomorrow. I'll let you know what the ultrasound exam shows. Thanks!

Edited by Islandsguy123 (06/08/11 08:54 AM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1359 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7987

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review