All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS Gods - please explain
      #351405 - 10/31/09 11:42 AM
PMartin

Reged: 08/05/08
Loc: Niagara Region

I know what I'm asking is impossible...there is no rhyme or reason to IBS but these are the things that really baffle me. I'm sure we've all had those days where for whatever reason, we strayed from what is our "safe" diet. Yesterday started out normal for me, cereal with rice milk and a banana for breakfast, a workout and protein shake "lunch" but then supper was fried fish and chips and I even had a beer (in celebration of a friend's birthday). Today could have been - should have been troublesome no? Well I've had the most stable day I can remember having in a long time. I just don't get it.

Happy Halloween!!!

--------------------
IBS-D. Or so a doctor says.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS Gods - please explain new
      #351407 - 10/31/09 11:49 AM
frygurl

Reged: 08/18/09

Aack! I've had that experience as well. I remember I was going through a really bad few months, so sick every day, no matter what. I finally said to hell with it and had a big mac, fries, and a coke from McDonalds, and I felt better than I had in months. But it doesn't always work that way, and in fact it often doesn't.

I don't know the answer. But if you were relaxed and happy and not worrying so much about what the food would do to you, that may have something to do with it. I say enjoy it, but don't assume it will work again.

#351420 - 10/31/09 03:38 PM
Thai

Reged: 10/04/09

Similar situation happened to me.
Have been going out for breakie the odd time this summer.
On the day following these outings......the best of all.
One, normally formed BM the following morning.
I mean what IS that?
Just goes to show that there is no rhyme nor reason to any of this.
Seriously though, I have said it before....it is not just about the food.
After all, 2 eggs, 3 strips side bacon, sliced toamato and rye bread with a ton of butter.....should be spelling disaster but NOT. Happens EVERY time too!!!!

--------------------
IBS-D

#351421 - 10/31/09 05:41 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Here is something I have noticed and I believe others have reported it too. Some triggers appear to be cumulatively. You may have to eat the same or several triggers over the coarse of a few days before a full blown flare-up begins.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#351423 - 10/31/09 05:59 PM
BarbieNJ

Reged: 10/19/09
Loc: New Jersey

Maybe in moderation we can go "off diet". I know for me its when I get on "kick" with dairy, salads and melons that does me in. I had regular pizza last night(with no problem) so that will be it for me for at least a week. I also ate a "Mummy hot dog" in honor of Halloween tonight, LOL. Hopefully I'll do ok..I only ate one. IBS is for sure one of the hardest things to figure out!!!! We can at least enjoy our good days :0)

My headache finally went away today, I think it was from trying to give up coffee in the morning. I caved and had it this morning...maybe that's why my headache went away? But, based on the coffee this morning I really know I gotta give it up I get such a yicky tummy from it.

--------------------
IBS-C Sufferer since I was 18 and a FMS sufferer also!! Not feeling well enough to shop...Visit my online website!! www.youravon.com/bwethman

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1561 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1863

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review