Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: healing ourselves new
      #351650 - 11/04/09 06:55 PM
shawneric

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Oregon

bamalakegirl30

read my post above.

Dr Palsson cannot ethically comment on Mike's tapes, although he is well aware of there successes here and on the IBS self help group. I have personally studied this in depth and Mike is an expert. Dr Palsson, has to stick to what has been physically researched. What he did say is it is important to have someone doing Gut directed or gut specific hypnotherapy which is what Mike's tapes do. Mike is an expert on it so you know. A Hypnotherpaist has certain benefits to seeing one in person, however the CD's also have benefits to doing them, cost, from home are a just a few.

Gut directed hypnotherapy uses specific standard scripts for everyone, although a therapist in person might tweek it some. Mike's approach is different and that is expalined on his sites and I would be happy to answer any questions you might have, but don't rule out trying Mike's tapes.

I also have more information on all this then probably anyone on the planet seriously. I didn't just study IBS and hypnotherapy, but hypnotherapy itself, hypnotherapy for medical conditions from some major experts.

One of them is

Dr. Spiegel is the Jack, Lulu & Sam Willson Professor in the Stanford University School of Medicine and associate chair of psychiatry and behavioral sciences. He also directs the Stanford Center on Stress and Health. Dr. Spiegel is renowned in the field of hypnosis and the use of hypnosis in clinical settings, and is the author of several books including "Trance and Treatment: Clinical Uses of Hypnosis." Dr. Spiegel is carrying out studies of the neurophysiological components of hypnosis by studying brain correlates of hypnotic perceptual alteration, using PET, fMRI and diffusion tensor imaging. His research program is designed to examine neurophysiological and peripheral mechanisms through which psychological and social support may influence physical health.

http://www.everydayhealth.com/bios/david-spiegel.aspx

http://www.everydayhealth.com/bios/david-spiegel.aspx

There are a ton of misconceptions on hypnotherapy and what it is and can be used for, but it has shown to be very effective for most people who try it with IBS.

--------------------
My website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#351651 - 11/04/09 07:00 PM
shawneric

frygurl

If you have a lot of emotionally issues at the moment or are distracted when listening that can be an issue. If I can help in anyway let me know.

--------------------

#351656 - 11/04/09 07:39 PM
shawneric

FYI this is new and an example

"Miranda van Tilburg, PhD
Associate Professor of Medicine UNC Chapel Hill FGIMD
This study found that children with functional abdominal pain who used audio recordings of guided imagery at home in addition to standard medical treatment were almost three times as likely to improve their pain problem, compared to children who received standard treatment alone.

Monday, Oct. 12, 2009

CHAPEL HILL – Children with functional abdominal pain who used audio recordings of guided imagery at home in addition to standard medical treatment were almost three times as likely to improve their pain problem, compared to children who received standard treatment alone.

And those benefits were maintained six months after treatment ended, a new study by University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and Duke University Medical Center researchers has found."

In the group that used guided imagery, the children reported that the CDs were easy and enjoyable to use. In that group, 73.3 percent reported that their abdominal pain was reduced by half or more by the end of the treatment course. Only 26.7 percent in the standard medical care only group achieved the same level of improvement. This increased to 58.3 percent when guided imagery treatment was offered later to the standard medical care only group. In both groups combined, these benefits persisted for six months in 62.5 percent of the children.

http://www.med.unc.edu/medicine/fgidc/tilburg_in_the_news.htm

--------------------

#351658 - 11/04/09 09:45 PM
DanaDivine

Reged: 09/30/09

I totally agree, Gerikat.

Shawneric new
      #351663 - 11/05/09 06:13 AM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Yes, I wish my parents could have found a doctor smart enough to have prescribed this when I was a child.

Re: Shawneric new
      #351678 - 11/05/09 10:37 AM
shawneric

Me two, but at that time they didn't know. IT has been a real struggle for me personally over the last ten years to promote HT as a treatment option for IBS. Many are like what is it? why would I do it for IBS or for a medical condition. Some think of stage hypnosis, which is totally inaccurate. Its also hard to research and even harder to get funding for it. Studies cost thousands to tens of thousands of dollars and its hard to do a double blind study with it. However its very safe and can be very effective for most people. I am not against medications, but if you can find something that can help without side effects that is a good thing. Also there are intergrative approaches, diet, meds, psychological treatments all combined.

You can't regrow and arm if you loss one, but you can regrow brain cells and regrow or change some nerve pathways for one.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2196 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 13428

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review