All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Am I the only one who gets this?!
      #351255 - 10/27/09 09:57 PM
DanaDivine

Reged: 09/30/09

Can someone please tell me if they've ever experienced this:

I was feeling mostly good today, no pain, only a small amount of trapped gas. I was, and have been, following the EFI diet as much as possible. But on my way home from work, I noticed I felt hungry, and on the heels of that, I started cramping up SOMETHING DREADFUL. Oh my gosh. It was so bad I could barely move, and I was gasping from the pain. It felt like my intestines were wringing themselves out like a dishcloth. It felt like hunger gone completely wrong - all I could think was, I NEED TO EAT. So I started eating Baked Lay's, and almost immediately the cramping calmed down, and was gone in a minute or two.

I couldn't have been that hungry though... I'd had a snack of Baked Ruffles and rice crackers only 2 hours ago!!

I thought cramping/spasms were caused from EATING, not NEEDING to eat?! This seems totally backwards. It's happened to me a couple other times too.. I feel hungry, then the cramping comes like a bolt out of the blue, but goes away as soon as I eat.

Am I the only one?! Sorry, I'm kind of freaking out about this.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Am I the only one who gets this?! new
      #351258 - 10/27/09 11:11 PM
clownfreak

Reged: 10/21/09

iv had this happen a few times before but i dont know why

#351260 - 10/28/09 04:40 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

This used to happen to me before I was stable. I almost always carried some sort of snack with me so I could deal with it. On the occasions when I didn't have a snack handy, I took a couple of Fibercon with water and that staved off an attack.

#351268 - 10/28/09 08:32 AM
frygurl

Reged: 08/18/09

Not all the time, but sometimes, my gut will react badly like you describe when it wants food. I will get doubled over with pain, have excess gas, and feel really nauseous. I wonder if this is related to blood sugar levels. I find this happens especially when I am PMSing - I am way more sensitive to low blood sugar when I am hormonal. And I tend to eat almost constantly to keep my gut happy when I am feeling like an attack could come on, yet sometimes they still do, so it may not matter that you had eaten two hours previously. The joy of crazy surging hormones is a bonus of being a woman.

#352839 - 11/28/09 04:07 PM
taroh73

Reged: 12/28/04
Loc: chicago, il

I am also IBS-C and have been for close to twenty years and I ABSOLUTELY get this. My theory is that when you finally do eat something (soft that allows your gut to move) it allows the cramp to "move" I guess and not be stuck. But yes, I get this all the time. I find it very frustrating because I often have to eat to feel better even when I dont' want to eat. I used to be very fit and have gained weight dealing with IBS since I never used to eat "white" stuff.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2394 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1903

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review