All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Going out to Japanese, what to eat?
      #351190 - 10/26/09 06:20 AM
bamalakegirl30

Reged: 10/23/09
Loc: Alabama

Our boss is taking us to Japanese steakhouse tomorrow. What can I have?

--------------------
When all else fails.....have tea.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Going out to Japanese, what to eat? new
      #351216 - 10/26/09 11:18 PM
Kteach84

Reged: 03/31/08
Loc: MA

I love Japanese.

It's going to depend a bit on you, I've been doing this for awhile so I may be able to tolerate a little more.

Most important- order a big portion of white rice to be your soluble fiber, then eat anything else you get in a small portion compared to the rice. Hopefully that will stabilize you a lot.

I have been okay with chicken teriyaki (though I've heard of people having problems especially if you have any issues with fructose because of the honey found in a lot of teriyaki sauce). I have also been okay with small portions of udon noodles without the extra veggies. I also do well with steamed shumai (shrimp dumplings).

I would say if you make the main part of your meal RICE, you should be good. Also search the message board to see previous posts about Japanese food to see what others tolerate well.

--------------------
I am training for a Sprint Triathlon- Check out my Blog!
http://redsoxcap.blogspot.com/

Re: Going out to Japanese, what to eat? new
      #351220 - 10/27/09 06:22 AM
crystalrumi

Reged: 10/15/09
Loc: Central California

rice, rice and more rice! You could also have tofu, mushrooms and carrots, maybe a stir fry, even most sushi would be safe. Enjoy!

I eat soo much Japenese Food new
      #351460 - 11/01/09 07:54 PM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

A little late but I'm forever going out to sushi and Japanese restaurants. My workmates even ordered in sushi on my birthday which was such a nice thing to do. I often have avocado, yam or chicken terriaki rolls. Salmon or chicken terriaki is also good. So long as it's with plenty of white rice I'm good. The raw fish sushi tend to mess with the IBS but I believe other tolerate it.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

Re: I eat soo much Japenese Food new
      #351498 - 11/02/09 12:51 PM
vettech

Reged: 06/08/08
Loc: ME

Japanese is my absolute favorite. (Just went a few nights ago, in fact!) As others have mentioned, lots of rice. Stick with grilled/hibachi or steamed foods - avoid tempura or other fried offerings. Cooked sushi dishes (California roll, etc.) also are good. I pick at the veggies - too much tends to give me D - I got a little the day after our last meal out, but I recovered quickly, probably due to all the rice.

--------------------
IBS-A and GERD since 1983
Low FODMAP since 2012

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 911 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3692

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review