All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
does this ever get better
      #351125 - 10/24/09 06:34 AM
jjuk

Reged: 06/21/09
Loc: warwickshire , uk

Ok so after years of being ibsd-d i seem to have gone to ibs - a ( if thats where i get both) this week i had 4 days where i didnt go atall !! then two days where it was hard and hurt to go then this morning i went twice have had cramping feeling bloated and not sure if i need to go again - what is with this ? how an i go from one to the other like that ? 4 years i was ibsd and had heathers diet sussed and i new and could pin point to the tiniest ingredient if i had eaten something wrong. i was taking lapramozil ( bit like imodium) when i needed it however if i take that now on a bad day im constiptated for days

--------------------
ibs for 8 years x

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: does this ever get better new
      #351130 - 10/24/09 10:47 AM
skh

Reged: 08/05/09

i don't think it ever gets better i realize now it does change though. before i knew about this website i had been ibs - d for a few years. then all the sudden for 7 months i stopped having any symptoms at all. i was eating lean cuisne meals for lunch and something low fat for dinner. i thought i was cured, even went off bentyl. then one day ibs -d hit me at work out of the blue. i found this site and realized about the foods i should not eat. Bought the acacia fiber and now after about 2 months i am ibs-a. I wondered if using the fiber if you use too much (for a ibs-D) person, would it turn one into an ibs-A person? I wonder if I'm using too much fiber? only 1/2 teaspoon a day. I loved those 7 months when i was symptom free. i really thought i was over this....but noooooo...

#351140 - 10/24/09 12:58 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

IBS does seem to vary it's course over time. I was initially a C from a small child on, and then I switched to A several years ago (I am now 30). My mom's pattern was early on C, and now she is D, but only in the AM. My issues are usually only in the AM, if I am going to have any that day.

We just never know, do we.

#351141 - 10/24/09 12:59 PM
julieb123

Reged: 07/19/07
Loc: uk liverpool

hope you get better soon jen take care hunny

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2912 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1478

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review