All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Re: shawneric a multivitamin question new
      #351704 - 11/06/09 09:39 AM
shawneric

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Oregon

I don't know enough about the herbs, which is why I posted the Physcians Desk reference on them.

I am personally not sure you need to take the beachbody vitamins in the first place.

The caltrate capsule might help d.

Have you ever look into Mike's HT CD's?

--------------------
My website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#351707 - 11/06/09 09:52 AM

Unregistered

It's more of a I want to take them plus I have a whole bottle to take rather then go buy something.

#351709 - 11/06/09 10:16 AM
shawneric

I understand, and a lot of this is trial and error for each person. Again its always important to try one thing at a time for a bit to see what works or doesn't work.

--------------------

#351718 - 11/06/09 11:02 AM

Unregistered

I'm not sure what I should start off with since I'm so unstable right now..I was thinking the slippery elm..then 1 caltrate tablet a day..then later the beachbody mulivitamin..wat do u think?

#351770 - 11/07/09 10:05 AM
shawneric

I would personally start with the caltrate.

Do you take any probiotics?

Do you work on any kind of stress management or relaxation techniques?

--------------------

#351771 - 11/07/09 10:16 AM

Unregistered

yes,I take align. My relaxation is listening to relaxing music or watching tv,reading magazines,nintendo ds,sometimes a book or article online or just quietly sitting in my room or playing the myspace game yoville. I don't know if I should do the caltrate..but the first time I took it I threw up soon after. I rarly get sick..I'm thinking all the blating and bad symptoms I was having that day plus the caltrate did me in..so I think I will start with 1 pill a day..but then again..I was thinking of trying the multivitamin I already have here on one day and see how it goes and if its ok to keep trying it. I don't want to wait until I have money to buy the caltrate cuz that would be like the 17th or 18th for me.

#351781 - 11/07/09 01:34 PM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

The best multivitamin for an IBS-D sufferer is liquid form. Some available are sublingual (under the tongue) so that they are readily absorbed (immediately).

If you have IBS-D, it is unlikely that you will even get the benefits of a 'pill' that rapidly gets dumped in diarrahea.

There are many good quality vitamins offered at www.puritanspride.com. Review their list of supplements and choose wisely. You won't pay anymore there than Wal-Mart charges, and you will have a far better selection with lots of information provided.

I personally find their sublingual B-12 tablets extremely helpful for energy level.

You might want to sign up for their catalog through their website.

Best to you!

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

#351782 - 11/07/09 01:39 PM

Unregistered

thank you very much for that info. SInce I already have a bottle of the beachbody body toning formula..I thought I'd try it anyway rather than throw it away,give it away and find something else to buy..since I don't have actual diarreah..I thought I may absorb the multivitamin I have thep psedu diarreah type..and I just took it at 3:15 and I work at 5 and when the vitamin comes out it wouldn't be until tommorow or the next day anyway...

#351811 - 11/08/09 12:32 PM
shawneric

Aperson, relaxation is helpful, but research is showing not as helpful as the gut directed Hypnotherapy or CBT, this was discussed breifly in the last chat with the experts.

Distraction can also be helpful, which is usally what is happening when your reading or playing a game ect.. Really relaxing and and getting to homeostasis (balance), there is much more to it all. Its good your doing it, but you might find better results, big results a lot of times, from different methods. One of the most misunderstood issues in IBS treatments and causes.

Try one thing at a time. The multivitamin, I would think has calcium in it. So try that first and see what happens. If something goes wrong one time, you have to try it again, just because there can be a lot of reasons, perhaps other then the one thing your trying at the time.

--------------------

#351812 - 11/08/09 12:36 PM
shawneric

There is no dumping in IBS from D. The stomach absorbs the nutrients and in IBS the sigmoid colon is basically the problem. IBSers do not digest food differently then normal people. There is no malabsorbtion of nutrients due to the d.

"There is no evidence that digestion of food is different in those with IBS compared to those without IBS. Diet, food and eating do not cause IBS. However, muscles and nerves are over-reactive in IBS. This can cause the bowel to over-respond to stimuli. Even a normal event such as the act of eating itself, and not a particular food, may aggravate symptoms at times. Eating releases hormones that stimulate the gut."

http://aboutibs.org/site/about-ibs/management/ibs-diet/

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1633 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 47644

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review