All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
soluble fiber
      #350997 - 10/20/09 10:31 PM
crystalrumi

Reged: 10/15/09
Loc: Central California

I"ve been on the soluble diet and acacia tummy fiber for about a week now with pretty good results, I have noticed a difference in my bm's, seems like there is more mucous in them, is this normal after changing the way I've been eatting, and or is it from the soluble fiber supplement? And do you usually take the fiber as well as eat soluble fiber foods, do you think I am getting too much soluble fiber? Any suggestions?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: soluble fiber new
      #350998 - 10/21/09 04:17 AM
BarbieNJ

Reged: 10/19/09
Loc: New Jersey

Did you have any bad cramping, or bad gas from the supplements? I just ordered mine and I am worried about the potential side effects (if any). I'm a newbie to the soluble fiber diet, sorry I don't know if mucus is normal if your not used to having it. Great news that it is working for you so far!!! Gives me hope

--------------------
IBS-C Sufferer since I was 18 and a FMS sufferer also!! Not feeling well enough to shop...Visit my online website!! www.youravon.com/bwethman

#351019 - 10/21/09 12:26 PM
kgj

Reged: 01/02/09
Loc: Orange County Indiana

I didn't have any side effects from taking the fiber supplement. I was worried because I had terrible experiences with regular drugstore products such as Fibercon. I did start with a very small dose, ½ teaspoon once a day and gradually increased by ½ teaspoons. (I added ½ teaspoon, twice a day, then three times a day, then increased the morning dose to 1 teaspoon, etc.) With each dose level my symptoms would get better then, despite following the IBS diet, begin to act up. At that point I would increase the amount of fiber. Now I take ½ tablespoon three times a day which seems to be my maintenance dose. Anyway don't get discouraged if it takes a while for you to find the right amount of fiber supplement for you. The fiber supplement along with attention to diet really does help alleviate symptoms.

#351355 - 10/29/09 01:32 PM
BarbieNJ

Reged: 10/19/09
Loc: New Jersey

Thank you. I'm up to 2 tablespoons per day and it really is starting to help alot. I normally have chronic Constipation and can't believe I'm on the road to having a "normal" BM's. My belly doesn't feel tender anymore and I've lost 4 pounds!!!! I love the fiber can not even tell it is in food, or drink. I've even put some in my daughters tea without her knowing it, hehe. Sneaky, but whatever works right? She is starting with bowel issues too, she is 14.

--------------------
IBS-C Sufferer since I was 18 and a FMS sufferer also!! Not feeling well enough to shop...Visit my online website!! www.youravon.com/bwethman

#351472 - 11/02/09 08:27 AM
redsoxgirlforever

Reged: 06/22/05
Loc: Boston

I haven't tried acacia but have used (sporadically) citrucel and did notice the mucusy stuff. I think its normal because the fiber supplement not only bulks "things" up but creates the mucus to help push everything out.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 583 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2199

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review