All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Magnesium and C
      #350922 - 10/19/09 08:40 AM
DanaDivine

Reged: 09/30/09

I was just wondering who of you with C take magnesium for it, and how much? Do you really find it helpful?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Magnesium and C new
      #350963 - 10/20/09 01:08 AM
sun

Reged: 11/26/06

yes i do i take phillips magnesium, the makers of the milk of magnesium.
i take their pills. it's just magnesium i take 1.5 of them at night. it helps a lot. i've been taking them for a while now and do think they have helped me get stable. there is another type that some of other people take that you mix with water..i forgot the name. i tried it and it didn't go well with my reflux.

it helps me. you might want to try it. ibs is so different for everyone.

--------------------
ibs-c,gerd,small hiatal hernia ...thank you for the board and for helping me with my questions.<3

#352962 - 12/03/09 08:35 AM
Catgirl

Reged: 01/10/09
Loc: Canada

I've been taking magnesium for so long now and find it doesn't help my severe C at all. I've tried different brands too and none of them will help. Nothing at all will help my C it's a nightmare.I hardly ever go number 2. Most of the time it's once or twice a month. The gas cramps, bloat,fullness, and headaches are unbearable.

#352969 - 12/03/09 12:13 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Quote:

I've been taking magnesium for so long now and find it doesn't help my severe C at all. I've tried different brands too and none of them will help. Nothing at all will help my C it's a nightmare.I hardly ever go number 2. Most of the time it's once or twice a month. The gas cramps, bloat,fullness, and headaches are unbearable.

Really? Are you taking doses that are high enough? What time of the day do you take it? I found that taking it throughout the day doesn't help, I need to shock my system with a high dose all at once. I take 3 (sometimes 4) 250mg tables right before bed (around 11) with a large glass of water. I usually go the next day before noon. Sometimes, if I'm really stuffed up it can take two days.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#352979 - 12/03/09 02:25 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

I tried the Phillips magnesium 500 mg overnight. I tried it serveral times, and it seemed to create a very small amount of watery D, but then I was still so C. It's like I'm impacted and that is the only small amount that can get through. I experimented with different doses. It didn't relieve me, but just gave me more grief. It did not stimulate a normal BM, just watery D, but I was still C. Very strange. Didn't like it.

#354068 - 01/06/10 04:16 AM
Catgirl

Reged: 01/10/09
Loc: Canada

I take 1000mg. right after breakfast.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5579 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3802

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review