All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
formula for pain
      #350658 - 10/07/09 06:06 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Cheat and put a fancy cheese (manchego) on your pear and walnut pizza and drizzle with truffle oil + skip two evening doses of acacia + be super stressed and have a real bad day at work= C and incredible pain.

This pain is giving me refreshed reason for pitying the C people!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: formula for pain new
      #350660 - 10/08/09 03:56 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

C people don't want pity. Empathy and understanding are just fine, thank you.

--------------------
IBS-C

Fen new
      #350664 - 10/08/09 06:53 AM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Much better C than D, for me. At least C does not keep me in the house!

Fen, ditto on the empathy and understanding.

Re: formula for pain new
      #350684 - 10/08/09 07:59 PM
Little Minnie

Then I will change my post if pity is an offensive word. I have C so rarely that it was a reminder of how bad being C regularly really is (I used to have it a lot). Like when my husband gets bloated every few months and complains so much and says 'is this how you feel all the time?'

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Fen/Formular For Pain new
      #350686 - 10/08/09 09:54 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Ladies -
Maybe it's because I'm older and have been through more, or maybe it's because I haven't been around and am jumping in the middle of something... Whatever it may be 1) why would you critize someone for using the word pitied - have you never pitied anyone, or been pitied - it's not a disgrace, it would be an insult not to "pity" someone.
Webster's definition:
Quote:

sympathetic sorrow for one suffering, distressed, or unhappy,something to be regretted Synonyms pity, compassion, commiseration, condolence, sympathy mean the act or capacity for sharing the painful feelings of another. pity implies tender or sorrow for one in misery or distres.

This is a bad thing?
As for D being worse than C - I had C every day for over 15 years, then off and on every time I had a flare for another 15. Then it switched to C and eventually A - if you haven't been C, then don't "diss" it:-) I wouldn't wish either on anyone - don't have any enemies I'm aware of.. BUT, C is not to be lightly thought of - it is a royal pain in the butt - excuse the pun But, it's not that you just can't "go" - it's painful stomach/abdominal spasms, gas/bloating from head to toe, even in your back, leg cramps, straining, but to no avail, hemmies, bleeding, fear that you have a blockage...
So, other than, as you said, the problems with leaving the house - I would say they are pretty equal.
We're all in this together to support one another, right?
Blessings!

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

GaGa new
      #350688 - 10/09/09 06:57 AM
Gerikat

I believe I used the words "for me" in my post. Strictly a personal feeling in reference to D or C.

Also, I wasn't bothered by the use of the word "pity", but was agreeing with Fen that all of us need much empathy and understanding.

Re: GaGa new
      #350701 - 10/09/09 04:06 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Please forgive me if you think this was aimed at you...it was not. It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. And, yes, you are correct in quoting what you said.
It can be pretty rough in the "real world" and those of us unfortunate to walk this road together - just need to nurture and support each other i.e, "empathy and understanding". Because the "real world" sure doesn't understand this illness.
And, if you are primarily "D" - I've walked that road and probably will again - it usually reverts back and forth with one big "D" flare up a month. So, I do empathize deeply with you...
Blessings -

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Re: GaGa new
      #350703 - 10/09/09 05:25 PM
Gerikat

GaGa, nothing to forgive. All is well.

dealing with C new
      #350711 - 10/09/09 07:23 PM
Little Minnie

As I am an A person I have had both C and D for countless years. I think C is worse in that there is less effective ways to treat it. It also takes longer to get results with EFI. But neither is worse when it comes to living with it I suppose. They are both bad and bloating is the icing on the cake. I guess I find it harder to help when someone new has C rather than D because D on EFI gets immediate results. I think the pain of C is worse than D- IMO. The pain of C is long-lasting and sort of deep. The leaving the house thing is worse with D of course.

Well now I probably shouldn't post all that because we do not want to get into a which is worse argument!

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1519 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3271

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review