All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Protein for muscle building
      #350575 - 10/04/09 09:43 AM
fitchic7

Reged: 10/04/09

I have been running and weight training for over a year and not only have had great results, but feel great. Recently, my IBS has reared it's ugly head and has impacted my training. I have had to cut back on food intake to help my symptoms of IBS, in particular many of the foods listed on your site to be cautious of or eat differntly, like whole grains and lots of fruits and veggies. I also take synthroid for a hypothyroid condition and recently discovered that soy inhibits the body to absorb the medication, so no soy products for me, (including by beloved soy protein smoothies with soy milk!) I replaced my soy protein smoothie with whey protein and skim milk, but just read on your site that it is a trigger for IBS. So, my question is, since I can not have soy protein and whey is an IBS trigger, what do you suggest for muscle or body building for someone with IBS?

Thanks for all the other great information on your site!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Protein for muscle building new
      #350593 - 10/04/09 06:49 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Don't use whey or soy, use rice protein. You can get it in tubs like the other proteins.

I have finally noticed that a protein smoothie in the morning makes me nauseated. I just do it sometimes in the evening now.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

recommendations for rice protein powder new
      #350594 - 10/04/09 07:16 PM
frygurl

Reged: 08/18/09

I wonder if anyone can recommend a brand and flavor of rice protein powder? I spent $20 on unflavored rice protein powder to put in smoothies and it tastes horrible. It overpowers everything else. I miss my chocolate whey protein shake in the morning.

Re: recommendations for rice protein powder new
      #350598 - 10/05/09 04:17 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

I've found all rice protein powders that I've tried to be absolutely disgusting. I've been using egg white protein powder, and that has been working wonderfully for me. You can find it at GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, etc.

--------------------
IBS-C

Re: recommendations for rice protein powder new
      #350616 - 10/05/09 05:06 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I buy what I think is called Nutribiotic? The choc and vanilla flavors are good.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5241 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3723

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review