All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Can I Have Any Candy With IBS?
      #350248 - 09/24/09 07:28 PM
Beckie

Reged: 09/24/09

Is there any candy I can have without triggering an IBS attack/bloating other than hard peppermint candies? I've come to terms I cannot have chocolates anymore, but how about Twizzlers licorice and candies of that nature? Also, since Lindt's chocolates are 85% cocoa is that a safe chocolate to have in moderation?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Can I Have Any Candy With IBS? new
      #350249 - 09/24/09 08:08 PM

Unregistered

no twizzlers contain artificial sweetners and colors most every candy does and would be problematic..I can find some all natural organic ones that may be ok with you.

#350253 - 09/24/09 09:08 PM
Fjorgin1

Reged: 09/24/09

Twizzlers has to many artificial ingredients. Sometimes I still break down and get some Twizzlers but I regret it later.

You might try Redvines though they are a more natural licorice, no artificial anything other than the food coloring. Plus they taste better than twizzlers.

#350256 - 09/25/09 05:16 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Any candy with sucrose (white/brown sugar) or glucose, no fructose or high fructose corn syrup and no artificial sweetners or flavors is fine. You have to read the ingredients carefully

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#350283 - 09/25/09 01:00 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

some people do junior mints, dots, some gummies are safe. nerds,candy corn, peeps. Do a search on hallpween candy and I think theres a list.They do make organic suckers. Just read the ingridents and see what you can handle. hth
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Re: Safe Chocolate new
      #350338 - 09/26/09 10:41 PM
KatheC

Reged: 04/20/09
Loc: AZ, USA

Giradelli makes non dary choc chips. I seen some other choc chips at the Whole Foods type grocery store in my area, didn't try them. Giradelli ones where yummy. I can't account for all the ingredients in the Giradelli, but they work fine with me as long as I don't eat excess.

Edited by KatheC (09/26/09 10:43 PM)

#350362 - 09/27/09 08:25 PM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

I found a soft peppermint candy that I really like at Walmart. It is 'Bobs Sweet Stripes' that is packaged in a one pound plastic tub with lid. Each piece inside is individually wrapped, making it easy to put a few in purse or pocket. Other than some red food coloring for the stripe, the only other things it contains are sugar and peppermint oil, no fat whatsoever. This candy melts in the mouth like a butter mint would.

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

#350365 - 09/28/09 07:18 AM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

I still enjoy my favorite candy. I have dark chocolate with a cacao content of 70% or more. I also enjoy M&M's on occasion (I wouldn't recommend this, though). They don't bother me. The key to eating candy is small amounts. I have dark chocolate daily.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1383 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8295

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review