All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Is it possible to take/eat too much IF?
      #349759 - 09/07/09 02:21 PM
DL

Reged: 02/02/09
Loc: Virginia, USA

I have been slowly increasing my acacia fiber over the past two weeks. I had been taking 1 Tbsp each day, but I read that I ought to break it up over the course of the day, so I started to take 2 tsps, twice a day. After looking at the recommended dosages, I added some to the middle of the day. Was starting to have normal bm every other day, and feeling pretty good. I eat rice nearly every night, with whatever meal I am having, and last night had rice, some chicken and french bread. Today, have had 2 loose BMs several hours apart. That's unusual, typically it's once a day, and usually a day or two in between. Just trying to figure out what I did wrong? I am so disappointed! I've been following the EFI diet very carefully, even though my husband thinks I am a little nuts. It's my 45th birthday today, and I certainly didn't feel like there was much to celebrate. I don't really want to leave the house, because I don't know if it's finished yet. I just hate this. I am sorry to be too descriptive, it's just that the kind people on here are the only ones who really understand how this feels.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Is it possible to take/eat too much IF? new
      #349760 - 09/07/09 04:40 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

I am confused by your question. You didn't mention what IF you are eating. Rice, french bread and acacia are mostly SF. Perhaps the stress of your birthday (happy birthday ) is partially to blame.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Re: Is it possible to take/eat too much IF? new
      #349761 - 09/07/09 04:48 PM
DL

Reged: 02/02/09
Loc: Virginia, USA

I'm sorry, I meant to put SF, I am taking 2 tsp. acacia tummy fiber morning and evening, and have added a Fibercon pill at lunch time. I usually have rice at some point in the day, and try to incorporate other SF during the day, such as bananas and I have mixed Corn Chex with Kix, for breakfast or snack. I just started adding the Fibercon at lunch time last week and before that I was just taking 1 Tbps of Acacia tummy fiber in the mornings.

I am sure in the scheme of things, this is not that bad of situation, I am just disappointed that I have been so careful, and still have had a crummy day after so long of doing well.

Thank you for your understanding as much as anything. I saw an interesting post earlier, that said not to let setbacks keep us down, if we try to figure out exactly which food caused which problem, we could make ourselves nuts (I am putting in my own words) and I agree. I just think the main thing I have changed is my fiber intake. Maybe I need to cut out the midday fiber and see what happens? The reason I added it was because sometimes it was too long in between going and I didn't want that to become the routine. Again, sorry for the details.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 869 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 964

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review