All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Inflammation, food mixing, gluten & IBS
      #349690 - 09/03/09 06:24 PM
mcem222

Reged: 12/21/08

Hey guys

Haven't been around these forums for a few months. In that time I saw a doctor who proposed a theory that gave me some new ways to look at my IBS, just wanted to get your thoughts on it

Her theory was basically inflammation as a cellular level causes discord in the GI tract. This is exacerbated by food sensitivities (like to dairy or wheat), and also spikes in blood glucose levels.
For food sensitivities, dairy and wheat were introduced late into man's evolution, so a lot of people can't effectively digest dairy and wheat

Refined sugars and simple carbohydrates are digested so quickly that the body releases a lot of insulin to deal with the sugar, which causes inflammation and problems down the road

Anyway, thats the core of the theory that doctor told me. She speculates that my IBS is from when I got colitis (C. Dificile) 2 years ago after taking antibiotics, which is why my GI tract is still inflamed

One dietary solution is to eat fruits, vegetables, proteins, and fats.

So, thats the advice ive been following. What do you guys think?

This doctor also told me to try eating gluten-free or at least wheat free for a few weeks. At first I thought she was a nut, and that would be way too drastic. I knew I didn't have celiac disease, so going gluten-free would only help if I have a sensitivity.

However, soon enough I found it really wasn't hard to eliminate wheat from my diet (without completely eliminating gluten)

I've felt better in the last month, but there has been a lot more at play (the other main change i made was to take probiotics, which I think have helped)

this post is turning out to include more than I thought..so bear with this
So, the diet im on is meant to reduce inflammation, so eventually ill be able to incorporate more foods. My only worry is that ill go long enough without wheat that I won't be able to go back to it. That sort of happened with fats, it took me a few weeks before I was comfortable having nuts and other healthy fats

Thanks for reading,
Matt

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Inflammation, food mixing, gluten & IBS new
      #349691 - 09/03/09 08:15 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I feel there is a difference, as you are getting at, between hereditary IBS and sudden onset 'IBS'. It seems to be a whole different ballgame. Therefore, when you get 'IBS' from something and not inherited, your doctor could be right that inflammation needs to be reduced. I would say though that don't forget some of the basics here; they have been established because it is fact that certain things are tough on the gut, and whatever kind of IBS you have, you need to be kind to the gut. Thus, eating the easy to digest food, within the guidelines you have been given, is still the smartest way to go.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#349697 - 09/04/09 10:11 AM

Unregistered

does your doctor have any theries on crazy loud nasty noises that are so loud other people hear them and get grossed out? Perhaps your doctor would let me text her a video message of the noises in my stomach? I would love to hear what she had to say. Also I push in places and the noises are more noticable and sometimes nasty acid comes up and burns my throat..but I never feel like I have a heartburn..I feel tired sometimes and crabby.

IBS: Novel views on the epidemiology and potential risk factors new
      #349708 - 09/04/09 03:42 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

You may find the abstract from a recently published study of some interest. The authors claim the range of factors that might percipitate IBS go beyond heredity and sudden onset (usually illness, sugery, etc).

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Re: IBS: Novel views on the epidemiology and potential risk factors new
      #349711 - 09/04/09 04:33 PM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06
Loc: Florida

Interestingly,it would appear that factors such as prior surgery, low birth weight/birth complications, and low socio-economic status may carry an increased risk of IBS later in life. A possible common thread in these...antibiotic use. I still maintain that IBS has a fungal etiology in there somewhere.

#349712 - 09/04/09 04:39 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

No doctor is going to allow this.

#349713 - 09/04/09 04:42 PM
Gerikat

This is very good Syl, and I agree. Mine was never about diet, but being molested at 6, is what set my IBS off. Good article.

#349717 - 09/04/09 05:23 PM
mcem222

Thanks for that, Syl

Im actually not sure if it was my antibiotic induced colitis or genetic factors that are contributing to my IBS, since my aunt has a strikingly similar case (but she actually has 'gotten better' through diet & supplements)

My guess is that people can have genetic predisposition and physical triggers for IBS

Anyway, can anyone tell me if they've gone without eating gluten? I'm having trouble finding out if it is a crazy fad or a legitimate path to take!

#349724 - 09/05/09 05:37 AM
thetreester

Reged: 07/26/04

Hi there. I'm actually in the process of changing to a gluten free diet at the reccomendation of a nutrionalist. I have immune system issues that traditional medicine can't say why I do, just that I do. Through the mind gut connection, there have been some serious studies, cited by multiple neurologists where they reccomend that those who have immune system issues almost always have a sensitivity to gluten. Not celiacs, a sensitivity. Since I don't want to make my neuro issues worse, I'm going gluten free. I can still get whole grains by black and brown rice, because whole just means intact. Good luck navigating!
Theresa

I think it is both new
      #349762 - 09/07/09 06:01 PM
Little Minnie

My views on the prevalence of GI have changed over time. I tried GF a few times and was hoping to test positive for GI instead of having IBS. Then over the next few years I started to think it was becoming too common to be legit in all cases. Then when you hear people saying GF is something healthy everyone should do, without having any facts, and then reading how erroneous that common view is in credible sources, it made me think many were GF who didn't need to and it was the new hot thing.
Then I have read some info lately about testing the blood of some vials from soldiers in WWII recently for GI. Very few had it but the same cross section today will have many more positive tests. So now I am starting to believe that the uber-prevalence of GI today is in most cases legit and due to changes in our food supply and how we grow our grains. Many people are still advising GF just for a diet or a cleanse or whatever, and while there is nothing wrong with that, it isn't wise to think it will help just anybody. So in summary, my view on it now is that it is more prevalent than ever and for medical/nutritional reasons, but that people need to be smart and not get wrapped up in the fad of GF or take advice from those who don't have their facts straight.
A lot of people don't even know what gluten is and think it is a bad additive or something and they'll be like 'I eat these bars; they are gluten free' and then they eat pasta or bread. Obviously people in the medical field know what gluten is but it is still really important to make your own decisions and do your own research when dealing with any health professional IMO.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: I think it is both new
      #349782 - 09/08/09 09:38 AM
mcem222

Thanks Little Minnie

I do dislike the fact that gluten-free has become a health fad, and a lot of ignorant people (who don't really know what gluten is) are buying into it.

That being said, the fact that its a fad right now makes it really easy to find gluten-free stuff. I'm sure life is becoming easier for people with celiac disease

Anyway, I think there might be something to gluten-free, or at least eating less simple carbohydrates. I used to be so gassy, and since I've stepped back from eating loads of cereals and breads, my symptoms have improved a lot. I am doing a lot of other things, so its hard to tell whats working, but as long as im feeling better I don't see a reason to go back to my diet from when I wasn't

Re: I think it is both new
      #349793 - 09/08/09 11:42 AM
Gerikat

I don't feel it is a fad right now, but that people have gone undiagnosed for so long. Years ago it was thought of as a child's "wasting disease", but now we are coming to understand that it is very prevalent but undiagnosed, among adults also.

A good book to read on the subject if you are interested is "Celiac Disease: A Hidden Epidemic". The book is by Dr. Peter Green. He is an expert on the disease.

The increase in available items for celiacs has less to do with fad and more to do with demand and an increase in DX of celiac disease.

I have a family member who has struggled for years with the gluten-free diet, but now with the increase in items, her life is much easier. Her DX did not come until she was 40 years old, and it did not present itself with GI symptoms. It was the more "silent" version of the disease. She had early onset osteoporsis (which is a symptom), and that is when she found out she had the disease. It does not always present with GI symptoms. I have become more informed by watching her struggle, not to mention having her to dinner.

Just know that, it is more prevalent than you think, and testing does not always show that you have it.

Another thought about this... new
      #349796 - 09/08/09 01:45 PM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06
Loc: Florida

Also, according to JAMA 2002, ALL grains are commonly contaminated with fungal mycotoxins (fungal poisons), and corn is UNIVERSALLY contaminated. Could this also be a factor in those who appear to be gluten(wheat) intolerant? That may be why people who reduce/eliminate grains find some relief in their symptoms?-

Re: Another thought about this... new
      #349798 - 09/08/09 02:41 PM
Little Minnie

I believe the grain supply is to blame for the increase in GI. I can't say for sure what all has done this and it is probably a combination. The way food is grown now a days is appalling.

--------------------

#349799 - 09/08/09 02:42 PM
Syl

I believe fungi that produce mycotoxins are found everywhere in small amounts not just on grains. Some mycotoxins (e.g. penicillin) are beneficial to humans.

Usually problems only occur when a fungus population gets large enough that the amount of mycotoxin produced is harmful to health. I believe the JAMA 2002 besides discussing concerns about long term exposure to low levels of mycotoxins in developing countries also discusses the guidelines the FDA has in place regarding some of the more problematic mycotoxins.

At the moment there is nothing in the research literature suggesting a link exists between mycotoxins and IBS.

There is evidence to support the notion that wheat alone - not just gluten can be a problem for some IBSers. Wheat contains fructans - long chains of fructose molecules that are known to be a problem for some GI disorders including IBS. Usually wheat doesn't have to be eliminated from the diet but the daily consumption has to be reduced. Over the years many people who have visited this board have tried the GF approach. Reports although sketchy suggest many didn't get much relief.

--------------------

Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach

yep simple carbs new
      #349800 - 09/08/09 02:44 PM
Little Minnie

I should mention that the times I have gone GF for a time I had no improvement but the time I went off gluten, sugar, all additives, soy, chocolate and the usual dairy etc, I felt great while that lasted. I wish I could have that again. My guess is the sugar and gluten and just the normal crap in our every day diets causes more gas and pain. A diet of rice, oats, nuts, lean meats and fruits and veggies only, made me feel awesome for 2 weeks. No processed foods at all were eaten.

--------------------

#349808 - 09/08/09 03:53 PM
Gerikat

GF MUST be followed religiously by those with celiac. We are not speaking of IBS, nor the general population, per the last two sentences of your post.

And many folks believe they are gluten-free when they are not, since gluten is present or added to many items that many people would not suspect.

#349809 - 09/08/09 03:56 PM
Gerikat

We were born hunters and gatherers and then wheat came along. That should answer your question.

#349810 - 09/08/09 04:08 PM
Gerikat

Well Kim since celiacs can eat some grains, I don't know that mycotoxins would be the issue. If as you say mycotoxins are in all grains (I really don't know), then it would stand to reason any grains would be a problem.

However, celiacs can consume corn, rice, millet, teff, sorghum, buckwheat, quinoa, etc, so I don't know how much an issue mycotoxins would be.

But, for the general population (non-celiac), I would imagine cutting down on grains would be a benefit to your health.

#349811 - 09/08/09 05:17 PM
mcem222

Yea, wheat is relatively new in terms of man's evolution. A doctor I spoke two said that's why so many people have problem with wheat and dairy.

Anyway, as far as I know celiac disease and GI are two different topics of discussion. Obviously is someone has celiac disease, it would beehove them to eliminate gluten

#349813 - 09/08/09 05:32 PM
Gerikat

Yes, so true. Milk is for calves, not humans. We are the only species that continues to drink milk after infancy, and cow's milk at that. Makes no sense to me.

Yes, you are correct...two different topics. Celiac is a disease, but can present with GI symptoms and can be mistaken for IBS. But, you can also have celiac along with IBS. Bummer, huh?

#349831 - 09/09/09 05:49 PM
Little Minnie

Actually humans were vegetarians at first. Hunting came later.
Personally I don't agree with the idea that wheat is less digestible because humans have only eaten it for 5000 years. That 5000 years is plenty of time to become accustomed to it. Wheat has been the main and sometimes only food source for entire civilizations! If you can't digest it fine- but don't blame history.

--------------------

#349835 - 09/09/09 06:50 PM
Gerikat

Sorry, I disagree. We were hunters and gatherers first. We had occasional meat, when we could make the kill.

Wheat is an individual choice. And we have not had time to adapt. This is in the research. Why do you think there is so much wheat intolerance/celiac disease?

I am not blaming history. I am simply stating how wheat came to be an issue.

You need to get your facts straight.

#349838 - 09/09/09 08:38 PM
Syl

Domesticated wheat appeared about 9800 BC. Wild wheat and its other grass relatives have been eaten by human for more than 23,000 years and likely throughout the course of human evolution. Celiac disease is a genetic disorder that could have emerged from a random mutation and not caused by the consumption of wheat or other gluten containing grains.

--------------------

#349839 - 09/09/09 09:48 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Quote:

Personally I don't agree with the idea that wheat is less digestible because humans have only eaten it for 5000 years. That 5000 years is plenty of time to become accustomed to it. Wheat has been the main and sometimes only food source for entire civilizations!

Under this theory, it'd imply that we've had plenty of time to get accustomed to dairy since we've been eating it for longer than wheat. But, the truth is, we don't have the GI tracts for processing dairy, and I believe the same can be said about wheat.

I believe the idea that humans were meant to eat foods that come readily available and don't have to be processed - mainly fruits and vegetables, nuts, meat, seeds, etc.

Recently I went from wheat/gluten-light to wheat-plenty for an endoscopy. I noticed the difference immediately. I didn't really add "crap" such as cakes, muffins, highly processed sweets but fresh bread and homemade sweets. However, the difference was really noticeable, first came dizziness and headaches, loss of sex-drive , then (within about 3 days) GI problems - bloating, constipation, pain...so once I'm done with testing, I have a strong reason to avoid gluten all together because I clearly see the toll it's taking on my health.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Zara- Ditto- nt new
      #349840 - 09/09/09 09:57 PM
Gerikat

#349841 - 09/09/09 10:02 PM
Gerikat

Celiac has everything to do with gluten.

#349842 - 09/10/09 05:53 AM
Syl

Indeed celiacs disease involving gluten digestion problem, however, there is no evidence that the genetic disorder was 'caused by gluten'. It could have just as easily been caused by random mutations leading to disease.

You may find this article on the genetics of celiacs disease of interest which says "We believe strongly that you have celiac disease from the moment you are born. It only manifests, however, after ingesting gluten."

Good luck

--------------------

#349845 - 09/10/09 06:55 AM
Syl

Some humans have adapted to processing dairy - actually lactose in dairy - after the weaning period. "Certain human populations have a mutation on chromosome 2 which eliminates the shutdown in lactase production, making it possible for members of these populations to continue consumption of fresh milk and other dairy products throughout their lives without difficulty." There is speculation that this genetic adaption occured about 4000-4500 BC

Zara when are you going to have your endoscopy for celiacs?

--------------------

#349868 - 09/10/09 06:16 PM
Gerikat

Unfortunately, in this day and age of Internet access, anyone can find data to support their POV. I could do the same.

However, I prefer to follow a doctor who has spent the last 20 years of his life on research and patient care of celiac patients. He is well respected and known to be the "expert" in the field.

And I quote, "Thus the "collision" between gluten and mankind began." He goes into a complete history of man the hunter/gatherer, and man the agrarian cultivator.

"Harvesting of wheat grains with it's complex gliadin amino acid chain that is poorly digested by mankind, was the beginning. Man continued to eat food that did not agree with him." (wheat & dairy)!!

I believe had we stuck with meat, veggies, fruits, nuts, and seeds, we wouldn't be where we are today.

But, I would suspect I am wasting my breath here, because I am sure you will post your next link.

Good luck to you too!

#349870 - 09/10/09 11:05 PM
Zara

Quote:

Zara when are you going to have your endoscopy for celiacs?

Syl, the endoscopy is on 9/30 and I will have bloodwork done sometime during the previous week. The doctor really feels I have a celiac disease even prior to the tests, based on my lifelong symptoms - besides GI problems it's my history of tooth cavities (no matter what I do in terms of dental hygiene), always sick as a child (had been hospitalized with Scarlet fever three times! and numerous colds, flus, pneumonia....), later than average onset of menstruation (I was 15 which is still ok but later than most of my friends), dizziness, fatique, and more. Plus, I had the gene tests done last month and I turned out positive for two alleles HLA-DQA1*0501 and HLA-DQB1*0201 that predispose me for a celiac disease. The report said that 95% or celiac patients and 20% of healthy individuals have this gene combination. So my doctor feels that she should really go ahead with testing because there is a high chance that I have a CD. She also said that she would recommend a GF diet even if the endoscopy turns out negative, just because the square footage of the human GI tract would cover an entire soccer field and there's a chance the biopsies may be obtained from a healthy spot if the damage is not severe yet.

So, I can't wait to be over with it and see what the results are !

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

celiac's disease can look like this? new
      #349871 - 09/10/09 11:45 PM
frygurl

Reged: 08/18/09

Reading your post struck a chord with me...your experiences with frequent childhood illnesses (pnemonia and strep throat for me, as well as the usual colds), late onset of menstruation, dizziness, fatigue, etc, this all sounds like me, in addition to chronic constipation that occasionally alternates with diarrhea, bloating, gas, pain...I thought celiac disease manifested itself as intense bouts of diarrhea after consuming gluten. Is it possible that it can show up with all these symptoms? How long would you need to go gluten free to feel a difference? My doctor never proposed this as a possibility to explain my symptoms. I am having an endoscopy and colonoscopy done in October. Should I bring this up to my doctor so she can test me for CD?

#349890 - 09/11/09 07:59 PM
Little Minnie

I think this is too close to a religious argument and not appropriate for the boards.

As for why wheat intolerance is more common now... well I explained that already. It is both more recognized and diagnosed now and much more actual occurences I feel due to something in the wheat supply. I am not an organic whiz but it doesn't take hard science to realize the way food is produced now a days with all the genetic engineering etc could lead to many health problems. There is also a huge increase in autism as well which some feel has a common explanation.
And if mankind cannot digest wheat since it is a 5000 year old introduction, then why were they not more intolerant of it in the beginning of eating it? That would make sense and would have made humans stop consuming it had the manifested symptoms of GI. But by that theory (about wheat being a problem because it is new) all the grains would be hard for us to digest because as you say, humans did not farm those other grains before 5000+ years ago either. And tomatoes would be awful for us too since we have only eaten them for 300-400 years. You see what I mean. Wheat is indeed hard to digest and many are allergic or intolerant, but the theory of it being new to mankind being the reason for intolerance just doesn't make sense. It also is not the purpose of the boards to talk about human history.
In summary, if we are not 'used to' wheat yet and need more time why are people becoming less able to eat it than previously and not more adapted to it? It is true for both wheat and dairy that humans have become less able to handle them over time and not more so. Does it not seem more reasonable that there are deeper reasons why so many people have GI problems now a days?

--------------------

Re: celiac's disease can look like this? new
      #349894 - 09/11/09 11:32 PM
Zara

Frygurl – Yes, I would definitely bring this up to your doctor's attention. Unfortunately, a lot of doctor's know so little about CD that it's amazing. My doctor told me that there's little information about CD in general and even those doctors who are more knowledgeable about it (such as herself) don't know nearly as much as about other GI diseases such as Crohn's or UC. So a lot of them support the idea that you mentioned – that in order to have CD you have to have bouts of diarrhea, and be underweight. However, since we'll all different, it can have a different affect on us. I, for example, was already diagnosed with a longer-than-average colon. So, I may would have diarrhea from consuming gluten, but because the stool takes longer to sit in my colon and hence longer to pass, I becomes harder and can result in C. Plus, not everyone with CD has GI problems, there are a lot of those "silent celiacs" who only get diagnosed when they come to the doctor with other problems and their enlightened doctor runs a CD panel, among other blood tests.

As for how long it takes to feel better, that really depends. I've read that generally it takes about 2-3 weeks to feel better, but it can be a couple months before you feel healthy again. But, you should feel progressively better so that's how you know you should stick to it.

There's a CD website that has a lot of information and a great discussion board , I was able to get a lot of answers from there.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#349895 - 09/11/09 11:46 PM
Zara

Quote:

In summary, if we are not 'used to' wheat yet and need more time why are people becoming less able to eat it than previously and not more adapted to it? It is true for both wheat and dairy that humans have become less able to handle them over time and not more so. Does it not seem more reasonable that there are deeper reasons why so many people have GI problems now a days?

We don't know how intolerant of wheat people were a couple hundreds/thousands years ago. Humans definitely pay more attention to their health nowadays when we have more sophisticated health care system and diagnosis means. I believe back then people were more used to being sick, they just took it as a natural part of their lives. They also had a much shorter life expectancy. Every little village used to have herbalists who devoted their lives to finding healing herbs for different illnesses, and a lot of them were targeted to the GI tract. So that proves that people were always having GI problems, they just didn't know whether it was IBS, or CD, or Crohn's or UC, or gallbladder problems, etc.
I think the problem with seeing whether wheat is the problem is the delayed reaction time. Even nowadays many people don't link their problems to wheat, just because it's not an immediate reaction such as with peanut allergy, plus "everybody eats wheat so it must be fine". It took me forever to figure out that wheat/gluten bothers me, with all the information available to me - how would someone know this a couple centuries ago?

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#349897 - 09/12/09 06:23 AM
Gerikat

Sorry, you make no sense. Religious? What in the world are you talking about? How did we get from wheat to religion? Human history, not appropriate? How did food come about, then?

You have gone way off track of the original topic. I have nothing further to say. I prefer to converse with someone who does a little research first, and makes some kind of sense in their reply.

#349915 - 09/12/09 07:33 PM
Little Minnie

In my original post on this thread I talked about a test the U of M did with old blood samples from 50 years ago. The percentage of the blood that tested positive for wheat problems was much less than a similar group of blood samples from today.
True, people do make more of their health concerns now a days but I believe (and this thread was about what we think about gluten) that there really were way less gastro problems over the last few hundred years than in the last 50. When people ate more naturally and worked with their hands they were so much healthier.
I'm just glad we have the nice indoor plumbing and soft toilet paper for our increased gastro issues now!

--------------------

#349916 - 09/12/09 07:47 PM
Little Minnie

I'm sorry I baffled you with that comment. The thing is that you obviously believe in evolution and I do not. I believe people ate fruits, then added veggies and grains they grew and only ate meat after the flood. That is why I could not argue that humans did not start out as hunter/gatherers. So this topic cannot continue.

As for my feelings of GI:
1. this thread was about our ideas on GI and why it is so prevalent and will it work and does the idea of it being a new food causing issues make sense
2. I don't think it is fair to think I cannot make comprehensible arguments about IBS issues. I am not scientifically minded like Syl but I do have a decent background of IBS info to share.
3. I think you may have been offended because of my statement that GF is a fad in some ways. That is entirely true. In a Gastro newsletter I get it pointed that out that many think going GF will help just anyone and that gluten is bad for the body and going off of it will be healthier and increase weight loss. As the article and studies show, it is only GI people who have to avoid gluten. There has been no scientific proven benefits to avoiding it for other reasons and no studies showing it leads to weight loss. I didn't mean to insinuate that GI is all in people's heads and I never said anything that could possibly sound that way. We all have to acknowledge that GF is the food fad du jour by people who like to get on food fads. I hear it all the time. The woman next to me at the farmers' market sells GF products and tons of people talk about eating GF from time to time and how that is a healthy thing to do. Eating GF from time to time is ridiculous! It is an all or nothing thing. So that is part of the reason I can say that for many GF is a fad. That is great for GI people since so much more food is available to them.
I hope this clears things up and also explains why I think going into the history of humans is not appropriate due to religious views.
PS my best friend's name is Geri
and I am a moderator on this forum

--------------------

#349919 - 09/13/09 08:51 AM
Gerikat

Nope, still makes no sense at all to me, moderator or not.

I believe as moderator you should lock the thread, my dear, if you feel this is about religion?

It's about food, plain and simple!

#349933 - 09/13/09 07:55 PM
Little Minnie

Yes the thread is about food but if we get into what the first human diet consisted of it would lead to arguments about religious beliefs. Can you see that? As for discussing wheat, there is no problem there. When you tell a person to get their facts straight because they feel humans ate fruits and veggies first and were not hunters and gatherers- that is getting into personal beliefs and not food or IBS issues.
You will have to reread the thread to see what I am talking about if you are having trouble, my dear.

--------------------

#349937 - 09/14/09 06:28 AM
Gerikat

Well, ya know, have the last word, my dear.

I have emailed Heather to have the thread locked, since you seem to want continue to argue, instead.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1464 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 19336

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review