All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Question about excessive flatulence
      #349491 - 08/26/09 04:08 PM
Orlando

Reged: 06/03/08
Loc: Atlanta, Georgia

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knew of or had a list on foods that do not produce a lot of gas or any at all. I know of a lot of foods that do and what to stay away from, but I need to know what to eat, especially on days I have to go to school and other places. I've been eating a lot of rice lately and wanted to know where else I could branch off. Thanks.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question about excessive flatulence new
      #349492 - 08/26/09 04:22 PM
linisue54

Reged: 08/30/08

I have the same problem, but I must say that my problem has been alot less since I've been on this diet. Are you eating all the right foods? Watch what works and doesnt work for you. Certain things may give you gas and the same things may not give me gas, so Its an individual thing. Good Luck

#349493 - 08/26/09 04:32 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Sorry, there are no foods guaranteed to not produce gas because the gas can be caused by fermentation on the gut. The bacteria in the gut release gas as they do their thing. I am not a scientist so that is how I explain it.
Taking fennel tea before and after eating, standing, and eating slowly help prevent bloating and gas.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#349508 - 08/26/09 06:15 PM
Penney

Reged: 08/21/09

Does anyone know why our bacteria make so much more gas than those of people without IBS? I hear a lot of "people with IBS are more sensitive to normal amounts of gas, stool, etc" but I would have to disagree and say that the amount of gas my body produces is FAR from normal.

--------------------
IBS-C, GERD, Lactose Intolerant, "Allergic" to Legumes (Soy!), Tree Nuts.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 501 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1419

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review