Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: My point of view & a "QUESTION" new
      #35093 - 01/04/04 10:10 AM
Chelsea22

Reged: 10/20/03
Loc: Virginia

Hi Bauie,

Thanks so much for your response to my post
It's good to hear that I'm not alone with these thoughts of mine.
No, I haven't heard of the website you mentioned, but I am going to go check it out right now. Thanks again!

Alicia

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Your "QUESTION" new
      #35098 - 01/04/04 11:01 AM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Hi Sarah,

Great advise, great philosophy!!

Looked at your Dr. Dahlman site. It appears to me what he is pushing is nothing more than a diet, (maybe similar to this---hopefully) and PROBIOTICS, and possibly a digestive enzyme. Do some searching on those topics here and you get the info, free. I'm suspicious of web sites like this one that don't spell it all out more, especially what they are selling in the way of supplements and how much they cost. Buyer Beware!!!!

Kandee

--------------------

Re: Your "QUESTION" new
      #35099 - 01/04/04 11:28 AM
Shellsbells

Reged: 12/16/03
Loc: NW England, UK

I agree with Kandee - it appears this site is saying that the cause of all digestive disorders such as IBS and Crohns etc is antibiotics and a bacterial overgrowth. This just isn't true. In some cases, taking antibiotics can upset your tummy and it's worth taking a probiotic for a while. But it's not the cause of all digestive disorders. I've had IBS for over 10 years. I've had a stool test at a university hospital lab which confirmed there is NOTHING unusual in my stool - including bacterial overgrowth or lack of digestive enzymes etc.

If you want to try probiotics and digestive enzymes you can purchase these from your health food store - they're not expensive. I'd be interested to see how much this site is charging for its advice.

The thing I trusted about Heather's site was that most of her info (if not all) is provided completely free of charge, she's not pushing anything or holding any info back. The essential info in her books can be found on this site and by checking out these boards. You can also freely discuss this advice and what's working (or not) for you with the others who use the boards.

Re: My point of view for Alicia... new
      #35139 - 01/04/04 05:46 PM
maryh

Reged: 10/02/03
Loc: IL

Alicia: I don't know if IBS can be cured-but it can be controlled-through diet, decreasing stress (like praying or meditating), exercise. Actually IBS was a gift for me, because it made me realize how badly i was treating my body-and now, 3 months later-I'm dropping clothes sizes (I started out big), My blood pressure and blood sugars are great!!! Even with occasional bouts-I'm better off with it now it's under control!!!! Cure? I don't know-positives-Yes!! Maryh

--------------------
Whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger!

Thanks Maryh! - I appreciate your words of wisdom - nt - new
      #35172 - 01/04/04 09:56 PM
Chelsea22

Reged: 10/20/03
Loc: Virginia

Re: Meditation for Dummies new
      #35175 - 01/04/04 10:30 PM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

hi Mags; IT'S amazing what they come out with these days isn't it?

Re: Meditation is easy! new
      #35176 - 01/04/04 10:32 PM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

hIshells; I have never been very good at visualizing, I guess Iam not patient enough to let things come.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 264 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3441

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review