All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
No energy
      #349381 - 08/24/09 11:55 AM
landimarie

Reged: 04/09/09
Loc: Texas

Was diagnosed in April with IBS. Following Heather's book and chart and doing OK with symptoms and diet. Biggest problem is lack of energy. I get up at 7:00am and in three hours am totally give out and sleepy just from doing regular household stuff and running a few errands. Am suggestions? Would vitamins be a problem? Hope this is the right board to post this on.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: No energy new
      #349382 - 08/24/09 12:08 PM
frygurl

Reged: 08/18/09

My first thought is maybe you need more protein in the morning. I know I struggle with incorporating enough protein for breakfast, so I end up with low blood sugar by late morning. Maybe you could you try soy protein in a smoothie, or egg whites as part of your breakfast routine.

#349388 - 08/24/09 02:08 PM
landimarie

Reged: 04/09/09
Loc: Texas

Will try this -
I am at my wits end. Have too much to do to sit around.
thanks.

#349394 - 08/24/09 05:56 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Protein is a good suggestion. Also for IBS-D people they may poop out all the nutrition in their food. Multivitamins are a good idea.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 925 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1009

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review