All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
ANTIBIOTICS.. Azithromycin _Z-pack..How will that affect my IBS
      #348760 - 08/05/09 03:18 PM
lisamonoson

Reged: 07/08/06
Loc: FL

I have a Z-pack also know as azithromycin for a on going ear/ sinus issue. We have tried Claritin D and Nasonex recently which actually constipated me gave me dry mouth , dizzyness etc. and then I got sick with D on Monday. I stopped taking those last night and today to try this Z-pack. I havent started the Z-pack yet going to start tonnight to see if it helps my ear issue. I have taken in the past but a little leary of any side effects. I just ate a good meal and I do take Align also. Its a 5 day treatment with the first day you take 2. Anyone have experience with this since having IBS.. Any tips ??? I have to start tonight as the over the ocunter stuf fis just not working and I have had this ear thing now for almost 2 months so we are thinking maybe a infection.

--------------------
IBS C Mostly .. More stable than ever Since being on the IBS diet! I THANK GOD FOR THIS BOARD! I can alternate to IBS A at times of stress, hormones or anxiety. LACTOSE INTOLERANT

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: ANTIBIOTICS.. Azithromycin _Z-pack..How will that affect my IBS new
      #348779 - 08/06/09 12:19 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I would recommend adding a probiotic. just make sure you take that and your Zpack two hours apart. Search for Bio-K on the boards - good stuff!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#348810 - 08/07/09 08:03 AM
vettech

Reged: 06/08/08
Loc: ME

Oh, don't even get me started on the Z-pack! It's what put me into a total tailspin a year and a half ago. My IBS was more or less manageable prior to that (I had an attack maybe once every couple of months). As soon as I went on the Z-pack it became daily. Now I'm more like once a week - still not right.

I took a probiotic while I was on it, but I hadn't discovered Align yet - that was the first thing I found that reduced my symptoms. Maybe if I'd had that, things would've been different.

--------------------
IBS-A and GERD since 1983
Low FODMAP since 2012

#348814 - 08/07/09 08:58 AM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

With a Z pack I increase my fiber intake and start a regular use of Imodium to get through the side effects of the antibiotics.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

#348821 - 08/07/09 11:26 AM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06
Loc: Florida

A reminder that most chronic sinus infections are caused by fungus, not bacteria. Antibiotics will make the problem worse. Antifungal therapy may be the best option. Definitely go o probiotics. The effects of antibiotics will manifest long after you finish your treatment if left unchecked.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1086 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6357

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review