All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Empty Stomach Issue
      #348584 - 07/29/09 11:41 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

Does anyone's stomach start to act up when it is empty? When I'm at work, I don't have full access to food all the time (well not for the last few days, pay day is tomorrow, and I haven't been able to afford any groceries to keep at the desk)

Anyway, I eat every 2 1/2 hours. But right before that 1/2 hour is over, I start getting extremely hungry. As someone else stated in another post, when I say I'm hungry, it's not merely an observation.... By the time lunch or snack time gets there, my stomach is in pain. Really really really bad pain. Once I eat, the pain diminishes. Now I'm having some gurgling and spasms, but it doesn't hurt so much.

Anyone else experience this???? Is it just because my stomach is empty. When I get hungry I also feel like I'm about to pass out or get sick.

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Empty Stomach Issue new
      #348585 - 07/29/09 11:43 AM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

KAppy- Have you had your sugar checked and have you been checked for ulcers?

#348587 - 07/29/09 11:50 AM
Kappy

I have been checked for ulcers. It was along time ago, and the doctor said that I had the beginnings of an ulcer. I take protonix for acid, and I watch out for really acidic foods.

My sugar is usually low when I get it checked. When we had a health fair in April, my blood sugar was 85. Is that low?

My blood pressure is usually low too. It's usually 90/60 or so.

Is that a low blood sugar.

--------------------

#348589 - 07/29/09 11:54 AM
Gerikat

For the blood sugar, I am talking about fasting blood sugar. An overnight type of thing, that a doctor would order, not something you would get done at a fair.

#348590 - 07/29/09 12:21 PM
Kappy

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH! I guess I do need to get it checked.

Man am I a dumby..

--------------------

#348593 - 07/29/09 01:35 PM
Gerikat

You're not a dumby. LOL Just get it checked. I eat 5-6 substantial meals a day. I have to have food in the belly. My blood sugar drops. Get checked for diabetes and then take it from there. PS- And I am not overweight.

#348595 - 07/29/09 02:11 PM
69-pearl

Loc: Nova Scotia,Canada

The exact same thing happens to me and I end up in severe pain.But I am just little,so it's hard for me to hold any amount of food.And sometimes I have to force myself to eat.And some of it has to have sugar,otherwise my sugar goes down so quickly,that I usually end up on my face.I am not diabetic,just hypo-glycemic.My doc told me to make sure that I eat regular or I WILL have problems.It's too hard though,especially in the heat(which we are currently dealing with now)
Thank you for your comments about my uncle.He is up in his 70's and he has stage whatever colon cancer and his heart is done,so he's pretty sure he's going.I can't see him,cause most of my people live in Ontario.
I'll have to deal like everyone else does.
They @#!! up my daughter's disability cheque too,so now we have to figure out something for that.At least her meds are still paid for,cause me and MR could not handle that on our own.
It really IS something different everyday!JEES!!!!
Always,lots of it to you and everyone,
Margie

#348605 - 07/30/09 07:34 AM
Kappy

Yeah, severe pain comes with an empty stomach for me as well!

I think I need my blood sugar checked as well.

Sorry to hear about your Uncle. That's so sad. And I'm sorry bout your Daughter's disability. That's not cool. Good luck, I hope something turns around soon for you.

HUGS and back at ya

Kappy

--------------------

#348710 - 08/03/09 05:05 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Yep! and it only gets worse when the gut gets so used to eating so often- like mine. This weekend every time this skinny b****hy gal I know saw me I was eating and she finally remarked on it. I felt like a big fat pig! But anyway I have to eat often or I'll get the pain like you describe. I try to remind myself that it is better for you to eat that often and it raises the metabolism.
I used to keep plain pretzels in my desk to help. But I find even a hard candy like gingins can help.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#348863 - 08/09/09 05:18 PM
rosy

Reged: 07/24/09
Loc: Israel

That happenes to me alot, every week. If my stomach is empty sometimes it hurts very bad, especially in the morning, I have to eat breakfast.
But I also have a ruptured Ovarian Cyst which causes more pain with the IBS. Hope u feel better!

--------------------
Now, where is my fennel tea?

Edited by rosy (08/09/09 05:19 PM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2133 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3264

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review