All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Vitamin Water
      #348256 - 07/20/09 05:19 PM
Naturapanic

Reged: 02/16/06

Just curious...do any of you drink vitamin water?
-Is this safe for IBS and does it not have caffeine?

I've read the ingredients and saw nothing bad, it did not list caffeine, but I've still felt somewhat more awake/energetic after taking it and had some bloating/flucation afterwards.

Just wondering if this was safe and if had caffeine or not.

Thanks.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Vitamin Water new
      #348317 - 07/23/09 03:03 AM
butterbean

Reged: 01/25/09
Loc: California

I drink what is called Vita Water ever day and have never had a problem with it. I only drink the kiwi strawberry and the dragonfruit flavors though.

--------------------
IBS-D, GAD (general anxiety disorder), Major Recurrent Depression, GERD (gastric reflux disease), Hiatal Hernia, PTSD

#348326 - 07/23/09 12:18 PM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

See if it has any artificial sweeteners/flavors. This can definitely cause your bloating/flatulation afterwards. I can't do artificial ANYTHING! And, I think it has the artificial sugar. Look for that Phenylektonurics or contains Phenalaline (I think that's how it is spelled!) it is an artificial sweetener that's in most energy drinks and other low cal. sweet drinks. Very BAD for IBS!!!!

HTH

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#348345 - 07/23/09 06:25 PM
butterbean

The one I drink does not have any artificial sweeteners in it. That is one of the things I looked for before I bought it. Go here and you can see the info on it. http://www.vitaminwater.com/ It is made my Glaceau (sp?)

--------------------
IBS-D, GAD (general anxiety disorder), Major Recurrent Depression, GERD (gastric reflux disease), Hiatal Hernia, PTSD

#348353 - 07/23/09 08:16 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Vitamin Water by Glaceau (a coke company) is not safe due to crystalline fructose (even more fructose than HFCS). Smart Water and Metro Electro are plain waters with electrolytes. Langers and Sobe water have ok sweeteners.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Vitamin Water
      #348354 - 07/23/09 08:17 PM
Naturapanic

Reged: 02/16/06

I don't think any of these are bad:

Quote:

vapor distilled/deionized water, crystalline fructose, citric acid, vegetable juice (color), natural flavor, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), vitamin E acetate, magnesium lactate (elecrolyte), calcium lactate (electrolyte), zinc picolinate, monopotassium phosphate (electrolyte), niacin (B3), pantothenic acid (B5), pyridoxine hydrochloride (B6), cyanocobalamine (B12)

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#348359 - 07/23/09 09:57 PM
butterbean

Apparently I don't have a problem with HFCS cuz they have never bothered me at all and I drink them daily.

--------------------

#348360 - 07/24/09 05:07 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Crystalline fructose is the second ingredient. Each drink contains about 33 grams of fructose. It is a more powerful trigger than HFCS. Essentially it is just a non-carbonated soft drink with small amounts of vitamins.

Quote:

vapor distilled/deionized water, crystalline fructose , citric acid, vegetable juice (color), natural flavor, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), vitamin E acetate, magnesium lactate (elecrolyte), calcium lactate (electrolyte), zinc picolinate, monopotassium phosphate (electrolyte), niacin (B3), pantothenic acid (B5), pyridoxine hydrochloride (B6), cyanocobalamine (B12)

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

What about the new cliff drinks-nt
      #348369 - 07/24/09 07:20 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Re: What about the new cliff drinks-nt
      #348386 - 07/24/09 09:37 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

I looked it up on internet. I can't find ingredients. Looks like some have caffeine. It's an electrolyte replacement so you need to be careful if you are not exercising or exerting a whole bunch of energy. You really only need electrolytes if yours are low or if you sweat alot!

Ok, just found ingredients here ya go:

INGREDIENTS: Filtered Water, Organic Evaporated Cane Juice, Citric Acid, Real Salt®, Natural Flavors, Magnesium Lactate, Potassium Phosphate

It looks ok to me. I just don't know what magnesium lactate is. Looks like dairy derivative. Dunno though.

HTH.

Kappy

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 289 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 13604

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review