All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Use of Miralax
      #348178 - 07/17/09 05:38 PM
Jo1976

Reged: 07/17/09
Loc: North Carolina

I have not had a bowel movement in 7 days. Very unusual for me. I usually have diarrhea. My doctor recommended Miralax. Afraid to use it without knowing more about it. There is a warning on the bottle about IBS sufferers using this medication. I follow your dietary suggestions, use your products. Generally have been much better until this snag.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Use of Miralax new
      #348234 - 07/20/09 08:23 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

Hi there! There are many posts on this board about Miralax. Do a search for them.

Here is my experience with Miralax:

I LOVE IT! It helps so much! I take it everyday, as told to do by my doctor and GI doctor. So it won't harm. My doc even said if I was trying to get pregnant, I would have to come off of all meds EXCEPT Miralax!!!! yeah!

Please give it a try, especially if your doc told you to.

It takes some time to work, so don't give up on it! I had to take it for 2 weeks to get it to really really work well!

I dunno why you would all the sudden change though, unless you are A which is alternating between the two.

You might need to introduce some IF into your diet. It really helps constipation.

HTH

Kappy

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

Re: Use of Miralax new
      #348522 - 07/28/09 08:58 AM
artimmersion

Reged: 08/04/08

I have bad constipation too...I took Miralax every day on a recommendation from a doctor, and it helped a lot, but then another doctor I saw said it wasn't good to take it every day, so now I only take 1/2 dose when I haven't had a bm in 2 days.

It's hard because every doctor says something different, but you might try taking it every day for a temporary period and then cut down to 1/2 dose a day or as needed.

--------------------
food allergies: soy, dairy, peas, lentils...& more
IBS-A
nausea, dizziness, fatigue
when will it end?

http://artimmersion.etsy.com

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 753 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 837

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review