All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
How come............
      #347888 - 07/09/09 08:31 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

15 minutes after I eat, I feel hungry again?

I just ate a banana, 1/2 cup blackberries, and 1/2 cup raspberries at about 10:10, and I feel hungry again (it's 10:28 now).

The feeling goes away after a little while, but I just have this empty feeling. Also, a little heartburn (not much) goes along with it. I take my protonix everyday, so the heartburn is not too bad. It's bearable, I just feel like there's air in my throat, and my stomach feels empty.

Does anyone else experience this or have any suggestions as to what it is?

Thanks!
Kappy

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: How come............ new
      #347891 - 07/09/09 09:55 AM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

That's an aweful lot of sugar and no protein. Sounds like your blood sugar may be dipping a bit. Try addding a little protein with your snacks. I can't eat just fruit...too much sugar.

If I am in the office, I will take some almonds or almond butter (can you do nuts?)and rice crackers, some grilled chicken (just a small amount), or turkey, and have that along with a piece of fruit.

HTH

#347896 - 07/09/09 11:07 AM
Kappy

thanks for the advice. I can't do much protein at all. It's very hard for me to digest. I just ate a turkey sandwich and my tummy is on swole! About the only protein I can eat is fish and a wasabi trail mix I found at the fresh market that has soy crisps and soy nuts in it. THose seem to be easily broken down.

Nuts are very hard on me! I wish I could eat it though. I LOVE all natural peanut butter; I used to eat it by the spoonful. But sadly, I can't do that anymore .

Oatmeal is another one of my protein sources.

I guess I should be getting more protein; I just don't know how to with out messing up my insides.

--------------------

#347897 - 07/09/09 11:20 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Try munching on pretzels,they fill in the gaps til the next feeding.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#347898 - 07/09/09 11:20 AM

Unregistered

I suggest a really good digestive enzyme..there's one that looks really good and I'm going to get it when I get another pay check.. its called ultra supporst its in one of my newer posts.

#347901 - 07/09/09 11:41 AM
Kappy

That sounds good too! I might try that, thank both of y'all for the suggestions! (pretzels and enzymes)

But, I'm getting that hungry feeling again. I ate a turkey sandwich at lunch, belly swole up, now it's gone down, but I'm hungry, again. Or I just feel like it's hunger pangs. It may just be tiny colon spasms or something.

I shouldn't be hungry. You should have seen the pile of turkey they put on this sandwich. It was soooooo good! Good bread and mustard. I figured it up from one of the nutrition websites. I should have gotten at least 40 grams of protein, so I should NOT be hungry.

I don't think its blood sugar. I don't know what it is. I guess it could be blood sugar. Hell, I don't know.

--------------------

#347903 - 07/09/09 11:50 AM
Kappy

I actually think that I am feeling my digestive system actually digesting my food. That is more like what it feels like. It's like my stomach is churning the food getting it ready to pass through the gall bladder and doudenum, maybe?

I dunno.

--------------------

#347906 - 07/09/09 12:19 PM
erindAdministrator

Reged: 03/19/08
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi Kappy,

The answer is simple: you are not eating enough food! You are also not balancing your meal correctly. You ate only fruit! I would suggest adding a more substantial carbohydrate like rice cereal or oatmeal and protein. Carbohydrates fuel your system and give you energy and protein helps to equally balance that energy throughout the morning. I gaurantee you will not feel hungry if you eat a more balanced meal with protein and carbohydrates.

If you have any questions, let me know!
Erin

--------------------
Erin Dudley, MS, CN
Certified Nutritionist
Heather's Tummy Care / Heather & Company for IBS, LLC
IBS Education, Support, & Products
Toll Free: 866 640 4942 Direct: 206 264 8069 Fx: 206 264 8072
80 S. Washington St. #304, Seattle, WA 98104 USA

Patient Support Site: HelpForIBS.com
Wholesale Accounts: HeathersTummyCare.com
Co-Packing Services

Join Heather's IBS Newsletter Here
Join us on Facebook!
Join us on MySpace!

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This email is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Any application of the recommendations in this email is at the reader's discretion. Heather Van Vorous and Heather & Company for IBS, LLC are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this email and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations in this email

#347907 - 07/09/09 12:22 PM
erindAdministrator

Reged: 03/19/08
Loc: Seattle, WA

You might also want to try a morning smoothie if you are having trouble with digesting protein. I would add some soy protein with maybe some oats and sf fruit.

Good Luck and I hope you feel satiated soon!
Erin

--------------------
Erin Dudley, MS, CN
Certified Nutritionist
Heather's Tummy Care / Heather & Company for IBS, LLC
IBS Education, Support, & Products
Toll Free: 866 640 4942 Direct: 206 264 8069 Fx: 206 264 8072
80 S. Washington St. #304, Seattle, WA 98104 USA

Patient Support Site: HelpForIBS.com
Wholesale Accounts: HeathersTummyCare.com
Co-Packing Services

Join Heather's IBS Newsletter Here
Join us on Facebook!
Join us on MySpace!

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This email is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Any application of the recommendations in this email is at the reader's discretion. Heather Van Vorous and Heather & Company for IBS, LLC are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this email and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations in this email

#347913 - 07/09/09 01:58 PM
Kappy

Thanks Erin! I'll try the protein shake. I have protein with my lunch and with breakfast and supper. It's just the snacks in between that I have problems with. I want to get all my 5-8 fruits/veggies per day, and I do it this way, I guess I just need to add something else. I'm also trying to lose weight, so like you said, I just need better balance.

Thanks, again!

Thank you everyone for your help!

--------------------

#347914 - 07/09/09 02:11 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Oh, sorry you can't handle nuts, most can't. I do a few almonds with my banana. Can you do egg whites? I know you were speaking just about your morning snack, so I know you probably don't want or need alot of food, just for a snack. I know I can't just do sweets/carbs, whether fruit or not. I have to balance it with some small amount of protein. You don't need alot of protein, just a small amount to balance all of that fruit. I hope you find a way.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1112 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3329

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review