All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
acacia fiber in pill form?
      #347691 - 06/30/09 01:07 PM
jkkimkj

Reged: 06/30/09

First of all, let me just say the acacia fiber is unbelievable. It let's me have a normal life. I can't live without it! It is, however, inconvenient to take the fiber and mix with water and drink before meals when I'm at a social event. I don't want to have to explain to every person who catches me fiddling with the white powder about my IBS yada yada...

So I wanted to make convenient doses of the fiber and I bought some empty vegetable capsules. If I take the fiber-filled capsules with plenty of water, would that be okay? And can we expect to see pill or tablet forms of the acacia fiber anytime soon? Those chewy wafers of the other forms of fiber are so convenient to carry around. I think it would be great if the acacia could be made in tablet form, too.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: acacia fiber in pill form? new
      #347692 - 06/30/09 01:27 PM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

I don't know about putting it into capsules. I'm assuming it would work, but I don't want to steer your wrong.

Heather has a previous post on here somewhere that says they are working on making machines that can make seperate packages like sugar packets. (I think that's what she said, I'm not quoting) But the fiber clogs the machines so badly that it is hard to get it into small packages.

Someone else made the comment that they put some in a bottle of water and have it mixed already and take it with them when they go somewhere. Which is not a bad idea.

I usually take mine in the morning mixed in my oatmeal and take a snack baggie with a T of fiber in it to work or elsewhere for lunch. At night, I just try to eat a SF meal.

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#347712 - 07/01/09 08:49 AM
MikeCA1870

Reged: 03/30/09

In the absence of a method to transport Acacia in a convenient way, which alternate brand or chewable or pill form soluble fiber supplement is the best? I know none are as good as Acacia, but if you had to choose, which would you choose? Fibercon? Citrucel? I went to the drugstore and looked around and was very confused because the metamucil pills had IF as well, and the rest of the pills didn't say what type of fiber they were. The chewables all had inulin which is noted here as being a "problem" fiber.

#347719 - 07/01/09 02:13 PM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

I dunno?????? I have never taken any besides the acacia.

The fibercon is probably the best, but the chewables more than likely contain artificial sugars in them. So read the "other ingredients" carefully.

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#347742 - 07/02/09 11:30 AM
erindAdministrator

Reged: 03/19/08
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi everyone,

We're actually working on Tummy Fiber travel packets (like sugar packets) in a small travel container right now. That should hopefully be available soon - Heather will announce it in the IBS Newsletter and on the site.

This is the most requested item from our customers and has been on the top of the list of product development projects for a while now. Thanks for your feedback. This is how we prioritize our projects.

As far as the next best thing to acacia, I would recommend benefiber. I'm not sure though if they have chewables. Next to that is Citrucel without the artificial sweeteners. Don't get the sugar free one as this is what contains the artificial sweeteners. Unfortunately you're left to get the Citrucel with sugar added.

I hope this helps!
Erin

--------------------
Erin Dudley, MS, CN
Certified Nutritionist
Heather's Tummy Care / Heather & Company for IBS, LLC
IBS Education, Support, & Products
Toll Free: 866 640 4942 Direct: 206 264 8069 Fx: 206 264 8072
80 S. Washington St. #304, Seattle, WA 98104 USA

Patient Support Site: HelpForIBS.com
Wholesale Accounts: HeathersTummyCare.com
Co-Packing Services

Join Heather's IBS Newsletter Here
Join us on Facebook!
Join us on MySpace!

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This email is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Any application of the recommendations in this email is at the reader's discretion. Heather Van Vorous and Heather & Company for IBS, LLC are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this email and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations in this email

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4319 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1857

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review