All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Know what I absolutely miss the most?
      #347538 - 06/25/09 11:56 AM
PABeachBum

Reged: 06/13/08

Hope that this is the right forum.

The one thing, that I probably miss the most from my "bad eating" days, is a McDonalds Strawberry Shake.

If I had one of those now, pretty much put me out of commission for a week. It would destroy me I bet.

But I would worship the ground somebody walked on if they could give me some sort of recipe or alternative of a dairy free, corn syrup free version of this tasty, devine creation.

Anybody know of one?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Know what I absolutely miss the most? new
      #347539 - 06/25/09 12:10 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Let me tell you...don't do it. I did and I was so sick to my stomach and nauseous, that I had to go to bed for the entire evening. It was a situation where I felt brave, and to be included with the people I was with, I had a small chocolate. Sometimes, we need to learn our lessons the hard way. I am not lactose intolerant and I can do homemade (almond milk) ice-cream, but OMG, never, never again.

#347542 - 06/25/09 12:45 PM
Runs No Fun

Reged: 12/02/08
Loc: Long Island, NY

BeachBum, I'm sure there are some here that can help you with a "substitute" drink recipe. Hopefully you'll get one that tastes as good as the Mickey D's and doesn't affect you badly.

--------------------
Saul (IBS - D)

#347543 - 06/25/09 01:17 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

You can try a smoothie - there are recipes on the Recipe Board. Or you can make a strawberry shake: soy, rice, or almond milk; soy or rice ice cream; strawberries; sugar; maybe a little vanilla extract. The fat content will be high from the ice cream so approach cautiously and only after a low-fat, high SF meal.

Will it taste like the one from McDonald's? Probably not, for reasons this article explains. But it might tide you over when the craving gets too bad.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2581 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1155

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review