All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
FENNEL TEA
      #347465 - 06/23/09 08:27 PM
MUGGSY

Reged: 06/23/09

CAN ANYONE SUGGEST SOMETHING I CAN PUT IN MY FENNEL TEA TO MASK THE FLAVOR? I HEAR IT IS AMAZING FOR GAS AND BLOATING BUT THE TASTE AMOST GAGS ME...

ALL IDEAS GREATLY APPRECIATED!
KAREN

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: FENNEL TEA new
      #347469 - 06/23/09 08:41 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I mix mine with the peppermint tea and like it that way. I find I need more sugar/stevia in the fennel but fresh and hot isn't that bad once you get used to it. When it is old and lukewarm even I don't like it.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#347470 - 06/24/09 04:24 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I use honey.

#347476 - 06/24/09 07:15 AM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Loved the taste, but not help.

#347477 - 06/24/09 07:23 AM
Wendy1234

Reged: 02/06/08

Once you get used to it, it actually tastes good. I do put a nice amount of sugar in mine.

#347586 - 06/26/09 03:13 PM
Grammy

Reged: 06/24/09
Loc: Massachusetts

I'm new here and still wandering lost.... I can tell you what I just used to improve the taste of my first cup of fennel tea.... agave nectar, a wonderful, low glycemic natural sweetener that I use everywhere I need sweetening.... in return for which, someone please tell me how much to use for brewing? The box says 1-2 tablespoons, the book says 1-2 teaspoons. Which is recommended? And would the benefit of the tea be improved if the seeds (I use loose tea) were bruised before pouring the water over them? Thanks.

--------------------
Grammy, 71 years of age, very active for someone with Fibromyalgia, IBS, and a scary medical history. Grateful to be alive!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 321 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1648

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review