All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
drinking coffee safely
      #347352 - 06/21/09 05:23 PM
69-pearl

Reged: 06/21/09
Loc: Nova Scotia,Canada

:confused:I love to drink coffee.If I don't; get a huge headache.Any safe way to do it?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: drinking coffee safely new
      #347354 - 06/21/09 05:36 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Welcome to the board

Unfortunately, there isn't a safe way to drink coffee.

The board is not busy on summer weekends. It might take a while before you get a response to a posting.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#347355 - 06/21/09 05:55 PM
69-pearl

Reged: 06/21/09
Loc: Nova Scotia,Canada

Thanks. I just thought I'd see if I could.
I get terrible headaches without the morning java.
Even though I cannot handle what happens next!

#347356 - 06/21/09 06:00 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I used to live for my morning coffee to Pearl. You will find that after a day or two the headaches will ease off as the caffeine leaves your system and you are no longer dependent on it. I quit coffee cold turkey Feb 2, 2006 - yes, I remember the day! I drove past the coffee shop I've stopped at every morning on the way to work for 7 years. I was soooooo ill at the time the I couldn't even imagine drinking coffee that day, and I've never looked back. (the girl in the drive thru missed me!! She saw me shopping once and commented that she always had my coffee ready, but I just stopped showing up!)

I drink peppermint tea in the morning now and other herbal teas through the day.

I wish you lots of luck!!! And happy tummy days.

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#347411 - 06/22/09 02:06 PM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

ha ha I used to work for Starbucks and we'd always have coffes ready for our regulars. We even referred to the customers by their drinks like tall dark filled all the way to the top wasn't looking best pleased today.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

#347422 - 06/22/09 06:14 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Caffeine is like a drug you have to wean yourself off of IMO. I don't recommend going cold turkey. First either make it weaker or use the 50/50 decaf kind, then switch to caffeinated tea, then switch to rooibos tea and then to truly herbal tea with no kick or another decaf drink. Also drink lots of water to help the headaches. I am referring to the morning caffeine urge and not what to drink later in the day when someone with IBS is benefitted by herbal teas.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#347433 - 06/23/09 07:15 AM
Kitchentrolls

Reged: 12/06/07

No safe ways, I´m sorry. My strategy is simply to sniff it, and not drink it. I think that coffee smells even nicer than it tastes, so i settle for the smell nowadays

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1493 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1650

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review