All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help
      #347264 - 06/17/09 03:19 PM
Genie75

Reged: 05/28/08

Hello,
Just wondering if there is anyone on here who can offer some advice. I did purchase the eating for IBS book (very good thank you), and I also purchased the Tummy Fiber about a year ago or so. I do remember seeing in one of the documents somewhere to make sure that one did not have Crohn's or Ulcerative Colitis as a fiber supplement could cause bowel obstruction in that case.
So this is my question: I have a diagnosis of IBS, but anything I take in powder form (and I mean anything, like any kind of flour, fiber supplement, cocoa powder, etc), seems to stick to my insides and I get very sick. Does anyone know if this is a symptom of Crohn's or ulcerative colitis or IBD?
I have had IBD ruled out via colonoscopy and CT scan and ultra sound. However, it has gotten so bad, that even capsules that have probiotics I am unable to take anymore. They seem to get "stuck" and cause my colon to spasm until I get everything out.
I am now back onto the IBS diet, however, I am experiencing again as usual that the soluble fibres (from potatoes, bananas, etc), are getting stuck again. And then I go into pain.
I have had IBS for 13 years, and I was stable for a number of those years, but in the past 2 years, have destabiized, and can't seem to restabilize. I expressed this to my doctor and I could see a look of concern on her face.
I was also in pain the day after I had a colonoscopy and my GI who did the colonoscopy refused to see me, and said to discuss it with my family doctor (who was away on vacation so I went to the walkin clinic). I feel that something is wrong, and I often will just go without eating (and just drink fluids) to avoid pain.
Please, if anyone was accidentally diagnosed with IBS when they actually had Crohn's, please let me know.
If anyone can point me to a different discussin forum, also let me know.
Thanx

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help new
      #347700 - 06/30/09 06:31 PM
rosiee14

Reged: 03/25/09

I know this response might not seem directly correlated to what you wrote but thought I'd give you the information anyway. Have you looked into NUCCA chiropractic? It could be that you have a misalignment that is cutting off part of your nervous system and impairing your digestion. I have had issues with IBS and this treatment (NUCCA) really helped. For more information about this treatment check out www.erinelster.com and www.nucca.org. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3132 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 647

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review