Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Back After Two Years Away... sigh
      #346972 - 06/07/09 09:08 AM
shandy

Reged: 12/21/04
Loc: Alabama

Hello!

I haven't been to this board in a long time because, well, I've been doing well! Pretty stable, even a bit arrogant that I'd cured myself... silly me.

I recently moved across the country and during the road trip, really abused my body, food-wise. I ate stuff I had no business eating (trail mix, nuts, chips, etc.) and when I arrived at my new home, kept it up.

Now, a month later, I can't eat anything without suffering. I seem to be re-sensitized to everything I thought I'd overcome. I had gotten to the point where I could drink alcohol & coffee, I could eat some types of chips (Fritos & organic cornchips), even peanuts and other goodies without any consequence (although I'm gluten and soy-free and that hasn't changed).

So... how do I re-heal myself? I guess I know the answer - "fast" on soluble fiber for a few days and be super careful for the foreseeable future?

This really sucks... sorry, but it does! I'd almost forgotten how disruptive this IBS thing is to a productive and happy life...

--------------------
Jennifer
42 years old
Neither D nor C - just sluggish

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Back After Two Years Away... sigh new
      #346974 - 06/07/09 10:28 AM
Borrelli

Reged: 03/22/09

I know exactly what your going through.

I was fine for pretty much all of last year, eating, drinking, partying, just having a good time and living well. All of a sudden out of the blue this winter it came back. It hit me really hard and i have been pretty much sick every day for the last 9 months. I have been trying everything under the sun to heal myself and nothing has worked. It is definitly disrupting to any type of normal/healthy life, thats for sure!

Hope you find something that works soon.

Edited by Borrelli (06/07/09 10:29 AM)

I've missed you! new
      #347599 - 06/26/09 09:08 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I'd been wondering what happened to you, Jennifer!!! Sorry to hear things haven't been going so well IBS-wise. Keep in touch.... we had some great chats. Gosh, was all that really two years ago?? Crazy!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Re: I've missed you! new
      #347602 - 06/27/09 04:15 AM
shandy

Reged: 12/21/04
Loc: Alabama

Hi Lisa!

Yeah, it was a miserable month, but I seem to be back on the right track again. You know how we are... always trying a new approach... and I may have figured myself back out again. Fingers crossed... I stopped eating anything with fructose (yep, yet another thing to put on the do-not-eat list) and also started eating rotationally - that is - not eating anything two days in a row (actually, rotating foods on a 4-day cycle). With my dietary limitations (wheat, soy, now fructose), it's tough, but doable - I feel pretty good and have lost four pounds just this week!

How's Mommy-hood?

--------------------
Jennifer
42 years old
Neither D nor C - just sluggish

Re: I've missed you! new
      #347612 - 06/27/09 06:49 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Wow, that's quite a limited diet! Is not eating fructose helping? And what's the strategy behind the food rotation?

Mommyhood is wonderful! She can be exhausting, but she's the most beautiful, amazing little creature I've ever seen. I love watching her learn new things!

How many dogs do you have these days?

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3500 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1640

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review