Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Could it have been the noodles?
      #346251 - 05/21/09 08:53 AM
steffiejoy

Reged: 11/26/07
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Hey everyone,
So for dinner last night I had pasta which I do on a normal basis. I always use Ragu light cause its fat free- no oil, no dairy and it has never bothered me. The only thing I changed was the noodles. I usually use angel hair and this time I used penne pasta. Well I started to feel gassy after I ate which isnt abnormal for me! But then around midnight I woke up major urgency, pain and "d". I had it a few times during the night and I'm still having it on and off again. Could it have been the penne pasta?? I thought a noodle was a noodle-besides egg noodles of course. I just dont know what caused this. Do you think it had to do with the noodles? Ugh

Stefanie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Could it have been the noodles? new
      #346252 - 05/21/09 09:10 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I don't think it was the noodles. I eat those all the time. I thinking maybe it could of been the pasta sauce or something you ate that day. It could of just been nothing and just of been ibs I have those days were i eat the same thing and i get sick. hope you feel better soon.
emmasmom
ib-c gas

Unlikely it was the noodles - nt new
      #346253 - 05/21/09 09:25 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#346254 - 05/21/09 09:35 AM
butterbean

Reged: 01/25/09
Loc: California

There are different noodles some are made with wheat and some with white flour, some are gluten free, and there is even flavored ones. I didn't find anything online about penne pasta that looked like a trigger and it is low in fat. I am thinking it might have just been your ibs being ibs and acting up or if that day you had anything stressful go on could trigger it as well.

--------------------
IBS-D, GAD (general anxiety disorder), Major Recurrent Depression, GERD (gastric reflux disease), Hiatal Hernia, PTSD

#346255 - 05/21/09 10:57 AM
steffiejoy

Reged: 11/26/07
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Stress has been pretty big I guess. I am working two jobs to try to help make ends meet. We just found out this week that my husband is getting laid off starting June first from General Motors. Plus this second job gets me home around 10 pm, then I have stuff to do at home to get ready for the next day when I wake up at 5:45 to go to my main job as a teacher. Last night I was running around all over trying to get some stuff done and running errands that before I knew it I was eating dinner at 9pm. So maybe you guys are right, maybe it was the stress, the late eating, lack of sleep just catching up to me. I guess I just always try to find a specific reason for why I get attacks. Oh the joys of IBS. I hope you all are having better days than me!!

Stefanie

#346260 - 05/21/09 11:46 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

It could have been any of those reasons you stated, or it could have been a bug. I know with IBS-D it's hard to tell the difference, but generally IBS doesn't keep you awake at night. My bet is on a bug! I hope you are doing better soon.

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

NOT the pasta new
      #346290 - 05/22/09 07:45 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I have started to be more sensitive to tomato sauce when I wasn't before so that could be it. Stress or your cycle are other possibilities. Or something else that day or the day before that you didn't think of.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2461 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3600

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review