All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Abdominal pain - normal?
      #345940 - 05/12/09 01:14 PM
jlebigcountry

Reged: 05/12/09
Loc: SweetHomeAlabama

[color:black] [/color] Hey yall! I'm a newbie, IBS-A (with no extreme on either end)and constant bloater. I don't noramlly have any abdominal pains aside from the occasional gas pains awaking me at night. But, last night I experienced excruciating pain in my upper/center abdominal area, like my stomach. It woke me up maybe 3 times, lasting only minutes each. Is this a normal symptom for some with IBS?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Abdominal pain - normal? new
      #345942 - 05/12/09 02:00 PM
butterbean

Reged: 01/25/09
Loc: California

For me personally I get pain like that alot. I have had alot of tests done and all came up negative so they said it is caused by the ibs. check with your dr. if it keeps happening just to make sure nothing else is going on though.

--------------------
IBS-D, GAD (general anxiety disorder), Major Recurrent Depression, GERD (gastric reflux disease), Hiatal Hernia, PTSD

Re: Abdominal pain - normal? new
      #345943 - 05/12/09 02:01 PM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

Yes it is! I am C and a constant bloater as well. I get awful pain in the center of my abdomen right under the rib cage. I always thought my belly too, but that is your transverse colon having spasms (more than likely). Gas can be very painful as well, but nothing hurts like the colonic spasms. Peppermint tea does well for some for the spasms and pain!

HTH

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

Kappy new
      #345948 - 05/12/09 02:36 PM
jlebigcountry

Wow So that's what it feels like to have eaten the wrong way?? Althought I've only just been diagnosed w/ IBS, it's apparently what's been the problem for only the last few years. In all that time, I've only ever really had gas pains - sharp, need-to-pass-gas-but-cant kinda feeling in my lower ab. I've never felt this pain in this particular area before, especially not in the middle of the night! Also, I'm pretty routine with food and I didn't eat in a combination I haven't had recently already I'm going for a laparoscopy Thursday, good chance of finding endometriosis. But that couldn't be it?? That type of pain is usually lower ab...
Sorry so long....just thinking out loud

Re: Kappy new
      #345974 - 05/13/09 04:22 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

Just to add to your confusion, remember that pain can be referred. Some feel IBS pains in their back. I have endo pains that shoot down my right leg!

Try and relax, and hopefully the doctor will uncover answers to your questions during the lap!

--------------------
IBS-C

Re: Kappy new
      #345978 - 05/13/09 07:01 AM
Kappy

Remember, it's not ALWAYS what you eat. Stress, emotions, anxiety, all have a part in your bowels. Also, lack of exercise or sleep or too much sleep. IBS is not just food related. Mine is alot of stress/anxiety, but food plays a role as well.

Wait for your lap to make any conclusions and good luck Thursday! And I'm praying for a good positive report for you! {hugs}

BTW, I'm a country girl as well. Mississippi born and raised! From my cowboy boots to my home grown roots, I'm country. - Jason Aldeen (I think that's how he spells his name??)

--------------------

Awwweee thanks for all yall's help!!! new
      #345980 - 05/13/09 07:14 AM
jlebigcountry

And Kappy, I hope you have the best wedding day EVER!!! (esp hope its a bloat-free day )

Re: Awwweee thanks for all yall's help!!! new
      #345988 - 05/13/09 08:18 AM
Kappy

Thank you so much! I'm working on being bloat free everyday! I think it's helping to!

You're welcome, too!

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 539 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1791

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review