All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Tunafish is my enemy!
      #345934 - 05/12/09 12:36 PM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

I ate some tuna packed in water for lunch along with a snack pack of carrots and one of green beans. Oh it didn't agree! I'm in so much pain and so nervous because only four days until wedding. I don't want my stomach to look like this during the wedding, or feel like this for that matter. The teas are not helping. I'm in tears it hurts so badly. Why tuna? Why now? I'm so frustrated!

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Tunafish is my enemy! new
      #345939 - 05/12/09 01:06 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Tuna in water is generally considered to be quite safe. However, tuna has more protein than many other fish such as cod. It take more time to digest which can change the motility of the gut.

What soluble fiber did you eat with lunch? Could the green beans or carrots be a problem? I cannot eat green beans at all and carrots have to boiled until soft.

Could anxiety be playing a role in your flare-up?

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#345941 - 05/12/09 01:59 PM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

I am usually ok with the tuna, green beans and carrots. They are both cooked to mush! Hahaha!

I think ANXIETY has a lot to do with it! It's actually not hurting as badly now. I have had D all day which is unusual for me. I am definitely cleaned out now whether I wanted to be or not! I really think I need something for my anxiety. I'm just so nervous and worked up about the wedding, even though I shouldn't be.

The main problem is that I'm scared my stomach is going to mess up the day of, and being nervous about that is making my stomach hurt! Kind of a bad situation, huh?

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#345946 - 05/12/09 02:25 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Yep! Been there many times. Not at the alter - but in that state of mind.

There is nothing worse than a self-fulling negative prophecy. I suspect the only antidote is to make the prophecy a positive one

Good Luck & Have Fun!

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#345950 - 05/12/09 02:40 PM
tummalarkey

Reged: 09/05/06

I got married in Sept 2007 and was nervous that my stomach was going to act up the day of but ended up having no problems at all. I made sure to eat super super safe for a couple weeks before and commited myself to enjoying the festivities and the day. I figured no matter what went wrong, what was forgotten or who didn't show up the important and sure thing about the day was that we would walk away Mr. and Mrs.

My friends/bridesmaids and my mom were astonished on the wedding day at how calm I was, they were more nervous than me. And you know what? The day couldn't have been more perfect. So relax, enjoy the fruits of your labor (all this work you've put in) and focus on your soon to be hubby...it will be ok. HTH.

--------------------
Courtney (IBS-D)
"Do your part to live in peace with everyone, as much as possible." Romans 12:18

you didn't have enough calories new
      #345960 - 05/12/09 06:44 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

If you are going to eat something fatty you have to have the calories to bring the fat percentage down and just veggies will not do that. You have to have crackers or bread or pretzels or something with that.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2552 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1235

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review