All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
bread brands
      #345696 - 05/06/09 01:25 PM
tummalarkey

Reged: 09/05/06

I have been making my own white bread in my bread maker for years now but would like to find a safe store bought bread for convenience as well as for making sandwiches. Can anyone recommend safe brands and where you get them?

--------------------
Courtney (IBS-D)
"Do your part to live in peace with everyone, as much as possible." Romans 12:18

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: bread brands new
      #345714 - 05/06/09 04:51 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Last time I checked there weren't any major bread brands that didn't contain WW, HFCS and/or dairy. A lot of them don't have HFCS anymore but they all have dairy or WW then. But maybe someone knows of one now.

I get an Italian peasant style bakery bread and have it sliced. We always toast it.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#345735 - 05/07/09 09:33 AM
SeaHag

Reged: 02/24/09

Arnold's Country White! The Arnold's country breads do not contain HFCS

#345754 - 05/08/09 04:26 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Even when I was in misery from just about everything else, D'Italiano Light and Village Hearth Light Italian were safe for me. They do, however, contain HFCS.

#345762 - 05/08/09 07:32 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Arnold poatoe bread and italian bread are both hfcs and dairy free I eat them all the time!
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

#345836 - 05/09/09 07:44 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I'm with Little Minnie - bakery breads - I had the baker give me their ingredients listing and I stick with their French or italian loaf. Sour dough is always good too. I just finished baking my own sour dough for the week. Thank heavens someone invented bread makers!!!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#345912 - 05/11/09 06:20 PM
Little Minnie

I believe Arnolds has dairy in it.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

I don't see the dairy in aronalds bread? new
      #345922 - 05/12/09 07:04 AM
emmasmom

I have read my package of aronalds bread at leat a hundered times and I have never seen dairy it says contains soy. Am I missing the dairy in there some were. I have ate the poatoe bread for at least a year now and it has never gave me any trouble.
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

I'll have to check again- nt new
      #345965 - 05/12/09 06:50 PM
Little Minnie

--------------------

Arnolds potato new
      #346000 - 05/13/09 01:07 PM
Little Minnie

Arnolds potato bread is safe. I checked and bought some today. We don't have it where I work- only the butter top which is unsafe.

--------------------

Is potato bread......... new
      #346009 - 05/13/09 01:39 PM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

really good? I HATE white bread. It's so gooey and just doesn't SEEM nutritional (I know it is, but it's white bread, I mean come on) and I don't like it sticking to my gums/teeth.

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

Re: Is potato bread......... new
      #346041 - 05/14/09 04:27 PM
Little Minnie

No, I am not enjoying the bread. I really prefer the Italian peasant bread!

--------------------

I love it!-nt new
      #346051 - 05/15/09 08:51 AM
emmasmom

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 730 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2760

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review