All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Anxiety Meds?
      #345432 - 05/03/09 11:57 AM
mrae

Reged: 02/05/09
Loc: California

I am looking for a new anxiety med to try. I have taken Lorazepam but it makes me very irritable. I feel like if I could get my anxiety under control things wouldn't be so bad. I have a wheat intolerance and have diarhhea and urgency so I need something thats not going to make that worse. Does anyone have suggestions that I could try. My gi doc has been pretty good about letting me try what I want as long as he doesn't think its going to make things worse.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Anxiety Meds? new
      #345433 - 05/03/09 12:03 PM
birtha

Paxil does wonders for me! It completely takes away my IBS-D!!

#345441 - 05/03/09 01:14 PM
butterbean

Reged: 01/25/09

I take librium for my anxiety and my ibs. It does not make my D worse at all. You can search it on the web and it will tell you all the uses for it and etc. But it can be addictive just as all the other benzopides are.

--------------------
IBS-D, GAD (general anxiety disorder), Major Recurrent Depression, GERD (gastric reflux disease), Hiatal Hernia, PTSD

Re: Anxiety Meds? Birtha new
      #345461 - 05/03/09 05:21 PM
mrae

I have heard alot about Paxil as far as it helping people. Does work pretty good for your anxiety along with your ibs-d? How long have you been on it? Did you have any side effects with it?

#345464 - 05/03/09 05:55 PM
Rebecca1013

Reged: 04/05/09
Loc: Catasauqua Pennsylvania

about ten years ago i had experienced anxiety and had ibs D in full swing. I took Luvox (very low dose 25mg a day) and it did wonders for both. I had really bad side effects from Paxil...and Prozac did nothing for me.

GOOD LUCK

#345478 - 05/03/09 08:33 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

My "drug of choice" has been Xanax (alprazolam) which is in the same family as the drug you were taking, but it has worked for me for several years... I couldn't take Paxil, Zoloft, etc. Also Librium or even Librax - are older drugs and have been said to be well tolerated...
Hope you find something that works......

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#345554 - 05/05/09 05:41 AM
birtha

Paxil completely took away my anxiety, panic attacks and IBD-D with bad cramping. It was a miracle for me. I can't wait to go back on it after the pregnancy. I had some D the first week or so of taking it but no pain. And I did gain weight from it but that's because I could eat anything and everything I wanted!

#345556 - 05/05/09 06:40 AM
lisamonoson

Reged: 07/08/06
Loc: FL

I take Ativan.. I have done the Xanax ( too sleepy and Lorazepam also too sleepy) this seems to take the edge off with no side effects. I take 1 mg before bed does help me sleep and 1/2 milligram as neeeded up to 3 times during the day. I take it particularlly if I am going to help calm my nerves. I was on Paxil 2 times.. and I think it did wonders for me however I will never unfourtunatly go on it again for fear of the withdrawl I did the withdrwal properly too and it was months on Agony , Brain zaps Nausea etc. There are lawsuits for it and I may be elligeble for the horror I wnet through. I would totally use it again if I knew that I woudlnt have the horrible before and after side effects. I did Lexapro with hardly any side effects but some weight gain.

--------------------
IBS C Mostly .. More stable than ever Since being on the IBS diet! I THANK GOD FOR THIS BOARD! I can alternate to IBS A at times of stress, hormones or anxiety. LACTOSE INTOLERANT

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1009 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3116

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review