All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
They're Making me feel like like crap, HELP
      #345051 - 04/26/09 11:34 AM

Unregistered

my mom won't stop naging for me to get my license my ibs is so bad during the day I can't just be 5 seconds from a toilet if I'm driving. I can't get in a wreck cuz my ibs is so bad and I'm cramped over or distracted.

My friend whom is my mom's ex is like a grandpa or a dad to me screams at me because I haven't been making any progress. That I need to get professional help. I tell him I found professional help this website,and the books,everything from here. I told him I've seen doctors alot.He said I need to get out of this town or even state to find doctors. A doctor and prescriptions can't do anything for me.

I tried to explain that it was my diet that I do make progress but ruin it all the time. He made me feel like [censored] and now I don't ever want to even talk to him again.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: They're Making me feel like like crap, HELP new
      #345052 - 04/26/09 11:56 AM
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

One step at a time. The first would be to try to get a handle on your mental/emotional state, as related to your IBS issues. Have you been doing the hypno cd's? It takes time and patience and you have to commit to sticking with the program. I promise you, that you will feel better mentally and emotionally and better able to deal with the anxiety of IBS. If you don't get your head together first, you will never stick to a dietary program.

The next step is to find out what works for you nutritionally with your IBS. Again this may take time...trial and error. But, once you find a plan that works for you, stick with it and give it time to nourish your digestive system.

Third, and I have said this to you before. You need to get out on your own away from family that is dragging you down. I know that may sound harsh, but you need a positive environment in which to improve your life. If people are always beating you down, family or not, you need to be away from them.

Now, I know you work evenings and are probably of limited income, but you need to start to plan now and set goals for your future. Maybe there is someone whom you are close to, that you can share a place with. If not, then you have to work towards doing that for yourself.

At some point, you have to get your license, so that you can be independent from your family. I know they provide rides for you to work, etc. Until you get the IBS under control along with your mental state, you can't get the license.

You will feel better mentally, if you know that you will have a brighter tomorrow, and have a plan in place to make that happen. Just to know that the situation that you are in now, will not be forever, will ease your distress.

Lynn

#345053 - 04/26/09 12:12 PM
linisue54

Reged: 08/30/08

I'm sorry you are feeling bad. Let me tell you something, I have supposedly the best stomach doctor in NYC and he hasnt till this day do anything for me except give me tests. So, going to another state to find a different doctor, I dont think is going to be your answer. I agree all the way with osbo54 in everything she says. Im alot older than you and would not like to see you have this your whole life as I have. I can tell you whats helped me and maybe it can help you too. I now stand up for what I believe in and do what I want. I take care of myself and what I need. I also feel and own my feelings. Noone in the world can no longer tell me what I need. Therapy is a great way to get started. You'll do good, cuz you are here with us. Good Luck and Feel better.

#345080 - 04/26/09 09:29 PM

Unregistered

I'm so mad at myself right now! I binged on mcdonald's ice cream I had a large oreo mcflurry with fudge and caramel and a strawberry shake with fudge mixed in..I also ate 2 double cheeses with mayo and fries,ranch and honey mustard sauce..before work I had half a symphony chocolate bar with nuts..I can imagine how the rest of the week will go for me now.. ;'(

#345095 - 04/27/09 07:33 AM
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

It doesn't sound like it will go too good with that diet. That diet is trouble for someone who doesn't suffer from IBS.

There is a reason you sabotage yourself, so that is why I stated in a previous email that you must get your head together before you can work on your diet.

Don't get down on yourself. That will only make it worse.

#349333 - 08/23/09 08:46 AM
DL

Reged: 02/02/09
Loc: Virginia, USA

I am sorry you are feeling so down. My family has been very supportive, and try to help me all the time. That support has made this manageable. I know what you mean about being nervous about being able to find a bathroom, just in case, while you are driving. Is it possible for you to get the Hypnosis program? That made such a difference for me, I think it could really help you. Good luck with getting your license. It will make such a difference for you in regards to being independent.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 337 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2978

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review