Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I am so completely embarrassed I just want to die... new
      #3728 - 03/21/03 08:03 PM
KaybeeC

Reged: 03/14/03
Loc: Ohio

Thanks, Sharon. I've been both the offender and the offended one - haven't we all, at one time or another, put our foot in our mouth? (Does that fit with the IBS diet? lol). Anyway, I've certainly needed to have extra grace extended to me and I'm always grateful when I receive it!

Re: I can relate, don't be embarassed!!!! new
      #3729 - 03/21/03 08:06 PM
Olgis

Reged: 02/04/03

Hi! Oh, I have been there so many times, especially at work. Recently, due to the stress of my upcoming knee surgery (recuperating now)I used to have "gas" attacks in the afternoon. Oh my goodness! Talk about being embarassed. As far as telling other people, I no longer go through any long explanation, just tell people the truth, I find that works well.
You are amongst folk in this group who share your fears, please don't hesitate to express yourself.

Good Luck,

Olgis

Re: Kaybee new
      #3734 - 03/22/03 05:22 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Thank you so much. Words of wisdom here, that is for sure. I've never heard that verse used in this type of situation, but you can be sure I will get up right now and read that chapter!

I am going back, I know that #1) they are caring Christian people, one of whom is just a little blunt in her concern, and #2) I have to be willing to make friends somehow, I have to put myself out there. I had a wonderful network of friends and family at home and here there is no one, so I have to make the effort, and I am. Bible study, BUNCO, playgroups for the kids - whatever I can find to plug in.

I really want them to find "NOTHING" too, but I have that weird fear that people will think I've been making all this up, or that I'm not "able to handle" the stressors of life and so "every little thing" gives me a "tummyache". I have a need to be and be thought of as a strong person! Hence being so absolutely mortified at crying in front of all those people. But Mom reminded me that these fears are wrong and I just need to give them over to the Lord any time they come up, and ask Him to give me the right kinds of thoughts about this, and He will. I know she (and you!) are right.

Thanks again.

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Re: Kaybee new
      #3741 - 03/22/03 08:14 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Michelle and kaybee,
My mom always says give everything to God too. When I was a teenager I used to get mad and roll my eyes, now my husband does when I tell him that.

BTW, if you ever get a chance in the morning from, I think, 6-9 am mon- fri. listen to FLN.org online. There are these two guys, John and Denny and they are so funny and I love the music they play and I on Wed. they have a morning show players and they do these really stupid/funny skits I find myself laughing so hard.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1920 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4883

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review