All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
I'm sorry I don't know what bump means lol-nt- new
      #345239 - 04/29/09 06:44 AM
Rebecca1013

Reged: 04/05/09
Loc: Catasauqua Pennsylvania

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

bumping means..... new
      #345249 - 04/29/09 10:02 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

That I posted to you a few posts before the "bump", but you missed it and I am bumping it up for you to see again, in case you missed it.

Tell me, do you drink the simply smooth decaf everyday? I have some and was wondering if it really was more IBS friendly!

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: bumping means..... new
      #345258 - 04/29/09 11:47 AM
Rebecca1013

lol thank you so much i was so confused with the whole bump deal! lol

Yes I have the simply smooth everyday. Although I only have two glasses a day, once in the am before work and once at about 3:30 when I get home. I mix (both simply smooth blend) 1/2 decaf and 1/2 regular...I do get a little bloated from it in the afternoon but nothing major and no pains.

#345261 - 04/29/09 12:26 PM
Jordy

what fruit do you mix into your brown rice? Do you eat it cold? Good luck with the citrucel! Keep us updated!

What fruits and veggies can you eat and how servings do you try to get from them? If I remember correctly, you said you don't do well with them?

--------------------

--------------------

#345270 - 04/29/09 01:38 PM
Rebecca1013

I eat the brown rice cold...i usually mix it with banana...if i am hungry for fruit (which i love so much ) the only amount i can tolerate with the brown rice is about 1/8 c which i will mix in blueberries, or cherries. I would imagine if you wanted more berries you could try it with white rice and that may make it easier to handle (after years of only eating whole grains i despise the taste of anything white lol )

last night i was so hungry for fruit so i got some papaya..... omg!!! it's disgusting it taste like vomit blah....so that was a no go although i had a big chunk and my belly wasn't affected by it....mango i do ok with too even though i don't really care for the taste of that either. I cant eat apples not chopped not sauced not cooked not nuthin! lol makes me sad cause like i said i love fruit. nope haven't tried the citrucel i have been pretty regular lately and why mess with sumthin if it's workin right lol

i eat mushrooms, onions (small quantities), garlic, brussel sprouts, brocolli, and cauliflower....i can only have about 1 serving at a time (i used to eat about a bag of brussel sprouts at one sitting before! lol) spinach i cant seem to tolerate even if it is cooked. I love sweet potatoes and i seem to do better with russet potatoes instead of red potatoes (i know they are not really a veggie lol) i also eat alot of zucchini, pumpkin, yellow squash and spaghetti squash. Tomatoes if in spag sauce and only if i use them as a condiment not a sauce...and fennel i do ok with.

thank you Rebecca new
      #345304 - 04/30/09 07:58 AM
Jordy

I can't believe all the Cs who are able to eat bananas without them causing more constipation!

How can you not love mango and papaya! I love them...but stopped eating them when I started my fructose fear!

Oh, wow, I eat about 4 oz of frozen berries at a time...and tons of cooked spinach. I wonder if that's a problem for me? This stupid IBS is so different for all of us.

Do you eat the skins on your potato? I do. I love the skin and I'm hoping the extra IF fiber helps and not hurts.

I wouldn't eat brussel sprouts even if I didn't have IBS! Too scared to eat brocolli or cauliflower, although I love them both. How do you get the courage when they are suppose to cause so much gas and problems?

How do you cook and eat fennel bulbs?

--------------------

Re: thank you Rebecca new
      #345305 - 04/30/09 08:13 AM
Rebecca1013

OMG I eat about 3-4 bananas a day lol and i really don't dig mango and papaya lol funny thing is i love every fruit....excpet papaya and mango

I definately eat the skins on my potatoes but like i said (i think lol) russet potatoes are easier to digest for me then red...who knows why!

I think it is important to try with the veggies....i wasn't going down without a fight broc and cauliflower and brussels are way too nutritious for me to give up without first trying to see if i could tolerate them. (trial and error i suppose like spinach I love spinach, used to eat raw spinach salads all the time...but just doesnt agree with me......with broc and cauliflower, i was getting bloating then i would eat half my potato before anything at all....then i would have my veggies (only one serving!!) then my meat then the rest of my potato....that works for me.) If i would eat the veggies first i would get stomach cramps.

I think there are common things we know for sure are bad news, but the in between things need experimentation. 4 ounces of berries at a time would kick my butt, but 1ounce is ok....

I chop fennel and add to my home meade spag sauces (well actually spaghetti sauce condiment lol)

Like ive said before i try and sneak as many healthy choices in that my body can tolerate, without getting the bloating and cramps!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1784 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 24324

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review