All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
To all the girls! new
      #345010 - 04/25/09 04:12 PM
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

Well, today was a beautiful day on the east coast. Nice and hot...beach weather. Luv it! I know you are in PA Rebecca, and I am in MD. Where are you at Janice?

Started the day at my grandson's baseball game. Then we went to Best Buy so that he could check out electronics...what else?

Breakfast was oatmeal with a little brown sugar and rice milk with a banana and a few almonds. White tea to drink.

Lunch was grilled veggie wrap and herbal iced tea.

Dinner was tofu spaghetti. Small amount of sauce and small cucumber salad. Spaghetti was part white, and part whole wheat with omegas. Herbal iced tea again.

Maybe a nice glass of red wine tonight. Dare I???

I will top this night off with a small piece of dark chocolate.

Hope your weekend has been great so far!

Lynn

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hello Rebecca ! new
      #345025 - 04/26/09 03:45 AM
Janice2523

Reged: 04/03/09

Hello !

How are you feeling today ? I am sorry that I overlooked the post about not going for 3 days.....are you feeling any better?

Did you start the Citrucel ? I used it for 2 years after the birth of my daughter in 1997 and found it worked well IF I drank a lot of water. My IBS went full throttle after her birth and I needed major help. I was able to stop it after 2 years but it helped at the time. That and stool softeners. I finally stumbled upon a book called FIBER MENACE (try amazon) and it started me on the road to health again and I stopped the Citrucel.

RE: Knowledge about eating and informational overload: Yes, I know enough to be dangerous to myself. I have often prayed to be 'unbrainwashed' about what to eat/not eat. That said, yesterday I did not eat poultry/seafood/ meat/rice/ and had a low-carb tortilla with low-fat refried beans and a small amount of lowcal/lowfat homemade buttermilk ranch dressing for dinner. Totally easy - no bloating/cramps, etc and this morning I went to the bathroom like a normal person. Yay ! It is counterintuitive for me to do that but I am finding when I break my own 'rules' I feel better and my poor body performs like God intended it to. That has been a major hurdle for me to overcome!

So, beans - yes. The only thing I had yesterday that was problematic was a little bit of garlic powder in my dressing. I need everything BLAND !

Okay, off to my run. Hope you are doing well today !

Janice

To Janice123 new
      #345033 - 04/26/09 08:49 AM
osbo54

Hi Janice,

Can you tell me more about the book, "Fiber Menace"? Thanks

Rebecca new
      #345035 - 04/26/09 08:55 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Rebecca,
Are you able to drink the simply smooth decaf coffee? I've tried it a couple of times, but I"m too chicken to have it everyday!

Are you saying you do better with carbs than with proteins?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: To all the girls! new
      #345036 - 04/26/09 08:59 AM
Jordy

what did you use for your veggie wrap? That sounds so good!

--------------------

Re: Hello Rebecca ! new
      #345037 - 04/26/09 09:01 AM
Jordy

Quote:

I finally stumbled upon a book called FIBER MENACE (try amazon) and it started me on the road to health again and I stopped the Citrucel.

what does this book suggests? Did it suggest you not take fiber supplements? I'm very interested in reading about how this book helped you and what it recommends!

--------------------

Re: Janice2523, and everyone else in the clean eating, ibs friendly (i hope :-)), active girls club!! lol *DELETED* new
      #345039 - 04/26/09 09:07 AM
Jordy

Post deleted by Jordy

--------------------

Edited by Jordy (04/26/09 09:45 AM)

Re: To all the girls! new
      #345044 - 04/26/09 10:50 AM
osbo54

A corn tortilla. I grilled zucchini, thinly sliced potatoes, green onion (just a tad), and tomato. I chopped it up and wrapped in the tortilla with mustard. Small amount of shredded lettuce. Did you know that you can grill about anything, including fruit?

Hmm Hmm good!

Hey Girls ! new
      #345066 - 04/26/09 04:00 PM
Janice2523

Here is my experience with the book Fiber Menace: I was drinking sooooo much water, eating super high fiber and still having trouble going to the bathroom (I am C if anything) and also having a lot of digestive pain and bloating. Somehow I discovered this book (maybe it was a search on amazon for something to help me) and I ordered it. The author talks about NOT drinking an excessive amount of water OR talking fiber supplements OR eating a high fiber diet. I thought I had nothing to lose so I cut back on the fiber, the water and stopped the Citrucel cold turkey and experienced better health almost immediately. If you google Fiber Menace it will take you to the author's site and a lot of the information is right there for you to read.

To date I have experienced relief is so many ways with that change and continue to not overdo water and fiber but I still lean too far to the low-carb side and shortchange myself in the SF department. I tend to eat too low carb for my activity level, meat makes me feel awful and creates C and I am not much of a lover of anything starchy (can't stand pasta, bread only slightly, potatoes-no way! Oatmeal causes bloating, cereal too rough on my system) so I am on these boards trying to learn from others and strike a healthy balance. I love veggies but am not a lover of fruit. And no, I wasn't a picky eater as a kid - I just know what makes me feel good and what does not (tee hee!)

Hope this helps. I love these boards for the help they give !

Janice

PS From Janice
      #345068 - 04/26/09 04:02 PM
Janice2523

Oh, and I am in Washington State - the east side of the state - although born/raised in the Seattle area.

Janice

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 362 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 24326

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review