All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help! ????
      #344880 - 04/23/09 11:16 AM
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

I wondered if any of you that are A out there, could give me your opinion on something.

I had sea scallops last night, that I grilled myself, with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. These were wild, not farmed, with no chemicals. I have eaten them in the past, I just don't make it a habit. I have never had any problems with seafood at all.

This AM, I had pretty bad D. I have been so well for so long, I wondered if it could be the scallops. There were two friends I cooked for, and I called them this morning, and they both have quasi D this morning. (they have accused me ) Now, I wonder, coud I have gotten bad scallops or is it possible to develop a new trigger?

Also, if anyone out there is an A, and you do eat a possible trigger food, do you sometimes react with D and then at other times C?

Thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help! ???? new
      #344890 - 04/23/09 12:45 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

If your friends are having problems also I'd say the problem was with some of the food you all ate. The scallops could have been too old or not refrigerated properly or the problem might have been with something else you served with them.

Feel better soon.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#344891 - 04/23/09 12:47 PM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

Hi Lynn!

I'm A sometimes (most days here lately). I don't eat seafood on a regular daily basis, maybe 1 time a month (I do love it though, just a little pricey). When I do eat seafood, I get D so badly. It's not the fish that gives me D, but shell fish like crab, lobster, scallops, oysters, etc really tear me up! I think because we are not used to the seafood, our bodies act like they are foreign, maybe.

This is just my opinion on this. Todd and I love Red Lobster, but only eat there every six months or so because we have to drive so far to eat there. The next day, watch out for the D, and he gets it badly too!

I think if you had gotten some bad scallops, you probably will feel very queasy and nauseous and not be able to move with out getting sick. I ate some bad chinese food one time and got food poisoning so badly, I couldn't move from one certain lying down position. Todd wanted to take me to hospital, but I couldn't walk it was so bad. I just had to lay there until I had to go to the bathroom. I will never eat chinese buffet again!

Hope that helps!

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#344901 - 04/23/09 01:21 PM
osbo54

Yes kappy, I have fish very infrequently also. The last time I had scallops was at the beach last year. Boy, were they delish. And you know, they had a sauce on them and I had no problems at all. Go figure! I cooked my own and if that was the source, well, they had no darn sauce on them.

I eat tuna and salmon once in a while with no problems. I am under no stress or anxiety, which is my main trigger, so I couldn't figure this one out.

My one friend said he got home and had a BM, which he said never happens. He goes in the AM. (Yes, these are close friends, so I can chat about this ). The other friend had D this AM as I did. I am leaning towards the scallops being a bit too old, I think.

#344902 - 04/23/09 01:23 PM
osbo54

Sand, I agree. The scallops smelled a bit strong, but they always have a sea smell to them. The fish market I use usually has fairly fresh fish daily.

I had some oven fries with them, that I make myself, which are just potatoes baked. I made a large salad, but I didn't have that. So, I could not figure this one out.

Thanks

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 502 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1722

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review