All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Haven't "gone" in 3 days...now what......??
      #344838 - 04/22/09 11:19 AM
Rebecca1013

Reged: 04/05/09
Loc: Catasauqua Pennsylvania

I haven't had a bm in three days and am feeling extremly uncomfortable! I don't use a sf supplement and am wondering will that make much of a difference if I begin using it regularly? Also, is there anything I can do now to help? My mother says eat prunes but I am pretty sure that will mess me up more (everytime I have dried fruit it is a disaster). Also, do we have to stay away from doing cleanses? ie: colon, kidney? Will that just add to our symptoms? Thanks for any help

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Haven't "gone" in 3 days...now what......?? new
      #344847 - 04/22/09 02:06 PM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

You might want to try the Miralax for a couple of days and see if it helps. I'm so sorry about your C.

If you want to take the Miralax, try taking it early in the morning about an hour before breakfast. It might take a couple of days to work, but I promise it will work! You need to see a doctor and get your belly ex-rayed. You could be impacted, and that's not fun.

I have a simple solution, it's nasty, but it worked for me when I was impacted. After I did six enemas over 5 hours, I took a concoction that one of the old dr's in town told me to take. You mix caster oil and orange juice then add baking soda. Drink it while it's foaming. It is so nasty, but it will work. It is a stimulant as well, but it cleaned me out. You might feel a little pain afterwards because of the stimulant but I promise it works!!!

Hope that helps! I know it's gross, but whatever works!

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#344848 - 04/22/09 03:53 PM
linisue54

Reged: 08/30/08

I used to be like that too till I started taking sf (heathers tummy fiber) or citrucel. Now I'm alot better. It really helps to take sf on a regular basis, its the key to success. Good Luck

#344857 - 04/22/09 11:14 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Rebecca -
Also try hot tea - I just use instant decaf w/ lemon and add molasses to it - It's supposed to be old fasioned Blackstrap, but I just bought the closest to it I could find in the store. Not a real pleasant taste, but better than Kappy's concoction! Drink it when you first get up - sometimes even something sweet will trigger a BM... Also massage your entire abdominal area....
Praying for you go "go" - know what it's like!

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#344858 - 04/22/09 11:17 PM
butterbean

Reged: 01/25/09
Loc: California

Since you can't do dried prunes then can you drink prune juice? Just drink 4 ounces in the morning and then if nothing drink 4 more ounces in the evening around dinner time. That will usually do the trick as well.

--------------------
IBS-D, GAD (general anxiety disorder), Major Recurrent Depression, GERD (gastric reflux disease), Hiatal Hernia, PTSD

#344866 - 04/23/09 07:19 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

In cases like these, I use milk of magnesia. Works most every time if I'm lucky.

OUch, that hurts!

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Thanks guys for the help! new
      #344884 - 04/23/09 12:00 PM
Rebecca1013

Reged: 04/05/09
Loc: Catasauqua Pennsylvania

Went a little ....still isn't "right" though...I'm going to start taking citrucel this weekend....I just get so scared that it will switch me from C to D ...you know how you always think of fiber making you go....i just don't want to go alllllll the time!

#345008 - 04/25/09 03:53 PM
Atrox

Reged: 03/04/08
Loc: Florida

Rebecca,
I just read your post to my question- I also had the C's come with the stress I mentioned (which was a complete surprise to me since I have gone 365 straight days with D and never worried about C). I know there are a ton of C experts on these boards, but I found that Docustae sodium worked (OTC but not a stimulant- can take a day or two to work) as well as a little bit of coffee to help (MOM also works pretty well and more quickly but not as gently). I am finally getting myself back to a more functioning place- got the stress a bit more under control and started paying more attention to the soluble fiber. That has probably been the biggest help for me out of Heather's diet plan- I use her power and take 2-4 Fibercons a day (very convenient and east to take- start helping with pain and D in no time). It seems like all IBS suffers are different, but it may be worth a try. Good luck!

--------------------
--------------------
IBS-D with stress related bouts of C, 10+? years.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 610 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2106

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review