All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Trouble with Rice pasta
      #344233 - 04/08/09 07:57 AM
TeresaLouise

Reged: 11/29/06

Hi,
I have posted before regarding my 20 yr. old daughter with Rett syndrome and who has IBS-C. All she seems to tolerate is boneless chicken breast and homemade turkey burgers, white rice, canned fruit and canned peas/beans, oatmeal. 2 days ago I made her rice pasta (rice flour & rice bran extract) with a safe spaghetti sauce with ground turkey in it. The next 2 days she has been having intestinal pain all day and gas, screaming in discomfort (she is nonverbal). Needing several enemas to help relieve pain and expelling lots of clear mucous after the enemas. Needless to say I won't do that pasta again. I thought it would be safe because its rice. Has anyone else had this problem with rice pasta(it's not the brown rice pasta). She also doesn't tolerate regular pasta.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Trouble with Rice pasta new
      #344267 - 04/08/09 02:45 PM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

I'm so sorry to hear about your poor daughter. Rice is a binder. If she is chronically constipated, it might have made it worse. I know that too much rice for me makes it hard to go sometimes. I have never tried the rice pasta, myself. When you cooked the ground turkey, did you get all of the excess grease out of it before adding to the spaghetti sauce? I use del monte spaghetti sauces and they don't bother me, but even though the spaghetti sauce is considered "safe" it may have still caused the "attack". Sometimes, the ground turkey could cause one, too.

I am very very sorry to hear about your daughter.

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

Re: Trouble with Rice pasta new
      #344282 - 04/09/09 03:47 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

It sounds like maybe the sauce bothered her. Her diet is incredibly bland, and spaghetti sauce is quite acidic. Since she's nonverbal, who knows - it could have caused reflux, and acidy stomach, anything!

Since she eats white rice successfully, I wouldn't be quick to blame the rice pasta. Maybe next time try it plain with chicken and/or veggies.

--------------------
IBS-C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5234 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1016

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review