All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Fatigue
      #343378 - 03/17/09 03:58 PM
butterbean

Reged: 01/25/09
Loc: California

I am always so tired no matter how much sleep I get. Does anyone else have this problem? I know its not the meds I am on because I have had this issue for the past 7 years now and was wondering if it is IBS related or not?

--------------------
IBS-D, GAD (general anxiety disorder), Major Recurrent Depression, GERD (gastric reflux disease), Hiatal Hernia, PTSD

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Fatigue new
      #343380 - 03/17/09 04:12 PM
mrae

Reged: 02/05/09

I am always tired even if I sleep good at night I feel the same way as if I didn't sleep good. I workout eat pretty good and am still exhauseted all the time. I just thought it was part of having ibs. I have asked the doctors about this before and they said there is nothing to take it away but working out. But I find even working out just makes me more tired. I have an appt with my gyno this week and was going to ask her about it. I wish I just had energy like I use to. Most days I lay down and take a nap without it I am just drained. So I completely understand your position. But so far I haven't found anything to help.

#343394 - 03/18/09 03:58 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

Do you think you could have any vitamin deficiencies? I was chronically fatigued as well, and had my B12 levels checked. They were extremely low, and I started getting B12 shots as well as taking an oral supplement. My doctor recommended a vitamin D supplement as well. I have more energy than ever!

--------------------
IBS-C

Luna bars have 100% B12 -nt new
      #343423 - 03/18/09 05:45 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Fatigue Attn: Fen new
      #343432 - 03/18/09 07:50 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Thanks for the info. I used to take B12 and B6 shots and have been thinking about doing this again. I've seen and read data about the sublingual B12 - is this what you take?
I've wondered if it caused jitteriness - I want the energy, just not jitters like w/ caffeine....

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#343438 - 03/19/09 04:03 AM
Fen

I do take the sublingual B12 and do not feel jittery at all from it. I just no longer feel like I need a nap every single afternoon!

I'd recommend it!

--------------------
IBS-C

#343445 - 03/19/09 09:24 AM
mrae

Reged: 02/05/09

I have some B12 tablets. I guess I could start taking them. How long before you noticed a difference in how you felt. It won't hurt to try

#343465 - 03/19/09 04:35 PM
Fen

I started getting the injections and noticed a difference within 3 weeks or so. Initially I'd feel really good for 2 or 3 days after the shot then my energy level would flag again. My doctor recommended taking the sublingual B12 as well, and that did the trick.

I'm not saying I'm out running marathons every afternoon or anything, and I certainly still get tired. But the B12 definitely made a noticeable difference.

--------------------
IBS-C

#348663 - 08/01/09 03:33 PM
Runs No Fun

Reged: 12/02/08
Loc: Long Island, NY

butter,

Hi!!

I only just saw this thread after doing a search for "fatigue". Do a Google search for ADRENAL FATIGUE SYNDROME and see if that helps.

My doctor thinks I may have it (and I'm waiting for some blood tests to come back).

I hope this helps.

--------------------
Saul (IBS - D)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 845 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2589

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review