All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I give up on Pizza!
      #343290 - 03/15/09 06:12 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Dh wanted to have pizza night witch is very hard for me to do since I can't do pizza sauce. So i try to make me a pizza with some ground turkey and some ketchup and some mushrooms and black olives and it was gross! I made dh and my daughter a homemade one that look awesome! Mine was gross I just ate two slices and then couldn't do anymore. I told them mo more pizza night for me...... It just an't fair. Ibs woulnd't be so bad if you could just find replacements when you wanted something. Just needed to vent! I 'm done with pizza night!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I give up on Pizza! new
      #343294 - 03/15/09 06:35 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Sorry, your pizza does sound disgusting. Have you tried the Tofutti pizzas or Amy's cheeseless pizza?

#343307 - 03/16/09 07:48 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Have you tried ketchup mixed with brown sugar,,chicken on top?If you can do cheese just a sprinkle ontop or use a cheese substitute.You can also add green or red peppers on top..if you can handle them...Its very good

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#343312 - 03/16/09 09:31 AM
emmasmom

no i haven't tried this. I would like the reicpe please. I am desperate. I would like to find a bbq sauce with out vinger I bett that would be good. thanks
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

#343313 - 03/16/09 09:32 AM
emmasmom

I haven't tired amys pizza's are the made with tomatoe sauce? I can't do tomatoes sauce. I am desperate for pizza.... it sounds good!
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

#343316 - 03/16/09 10:06 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

You can try bbq sauce, pesto or any other sauce you can tolerate as your base. Then some diced grilled chicken, roasted peppers, onions, olives - whatever you can tolerate and enjoy. I do the bbq sauce, chicken and peppers and its my favorite. I know, it sucks not to eat what the rest of the family does, but think of it this way, we're not sick all the time because we've eaten something we can't tolerate.

Best of luck.

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#343337 - 03/16/09 04:17 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

I just mix the two together and make it to taste.Mushrooms are safe to so you could dice these up and add them.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#343339 - 03/16/09 04:41 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Amy's cheeseless pizza doesn't have tomato sauce. It is a brownish veggie sauce which is awesome! I highly recommend it.
Why can't you have tomato sauce if you can have ketchup?

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#343353 - 03/17/09 07:10 AM
emmasmom

Thats a good question. All I know is everytime I eat pasta sauce like marina or bbq I gat a attack. Do you think theres a differance? If so I am willing to try to have pizza back. I am going to look for this pizza. thanks
emmasmoo
ibs-c gas

#343369 - 03/17/09 01:03 PM
butterbean

Reged: 01/25/09
Loc: California

I wonder if this recipe would work adapted of course and you could add any spices that you can tolerate as well.

Ingredients Needed: White Pizza Sauce

3 Tbsp. butter (use smart balance light)
3 Tbsp. flour
3 cups whole milk (use plain soy or rice milk)
1 tsp. nutmeg
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Melt butter in medium saucepan, then add flour. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon for 5 to 8 minutes on medium heat.

2. Add milk and continue to stir constantly while lowering heat for 8 to 10 minutes.

3. Add nutmeg and set aside to cool.

4. After 15 minutes, the white sauce will be ready to use.

5. To make pizza, use your favorite dough and toppings and cook according to those directions.

Yield: 2 1/2 cups

--------------------
IBS-D, GAD (general anxiety disorder), Major Recurrent Depression, GERD (gastric reflux disease), Hiatal Hernia, PTSD

#343373 - 03/17/09 02:17 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

No I don't think there is a difference between the tomato based stuff like BBQ, pizza sauce, marinara or ketchup. Some have HFCS, but all have acid from tomatoes. I would question why ketchup doesn't bother.
BTW I don't have issues with tomato stuff just so you know.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#350310 - 09/25/09 05:03 PM
Kenny

Reged: 01/03/05
Loc: Valley Village, CA

I'm an IBSer AND gluten intolerant. Imagine my fun! LOL.

There is a great place in Burbank, CA called Z-Pizza that makes gluten-free crusts for individual pizzas. Of course they do use pizza sauce, but I just tell them to go real easy on it. Fantastic pizza if you're in the area!

--------------------

IBS-A: Gas, Bloating, Occasional Reflux, Panic Attacks

When the bathroom is rockin' don't bother knockin'!

Thanks boy do I miss it!-nt new
      #350369 - 09/28/09 08:14 AM
emmasmom

#350406 - 09/29/09 05:28 AM
Kteach84

Reged: 03/31/08
Loc: MA

Do you think its the tomatoes or the fat in tomato sauce that bothers you? I get fat free tomato sauce at Whole Foods and I have no problems with it. I use it to make cheeseless pizza with mushrooms, zucchini, carrots and a small amount of black beans. If it's the tomatoes then I guess that wouldn't help...but I really like the fat free sauce so if its the usual oil in sauce, try that!

--------------------
I am training for a Sprint Triathlon- Check out my Blog!
http://redsoxcap.blogspot.com/

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2270 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4250

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review