All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Lorazepam
      #343118 - 03/11/09 07:20 AM
mrae

Reged: 02/05/09
Loc: California

My doctor prescribed me this medicine for anxiety. But I have not really taken it but for about a week. Has anyone taken this or know anything about this medcine? I am just sketchy about taking anxiety meds. Although if it will help with my ibs I am willing to give it a try.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Lorazepam new
      #343122 - 03/11/09 07:41 AM
lisamonoson

Reged: 07/08/06
Loc: FL

Its the generic for Ativan. I take .5 before bed and then half of that at Bkfst and Lunch. Good thing is no bad side effects at all. I have been on A TON of different meds SSRI's over the years and Benzos such as Klonopin and Xanax but both of those knock me out. So far thank Goodness this has not cause me any Ill effect. I think it has mellowed me out but I'm on such a low dose right now we may need to adjust accordingly as we go on. But so far so good

--------------------
IBS C Mostly .. More stable than ever Since being on the IBS diet! I THANK GOD FOR THIS BOARD! I can alternate to IBS A at times of stress, hormones or anxiety. LACTOSE INTOLERANT

#343132 - 03/11/09 12:29 PM
Abatch

Reged: 03/11/09

Hi. I've used lorazapam also (.5) off and on for several years. I only take it on a night I really need a good nights sleep..not so much for anxiety, although it helps too for that..never had any problems with it!

#343147 - 03/11/09 04:54 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Just FYI - It's in the same benzodizapine family as Xanax (alprazolam) and even Valium.... I've been on Xanax for many years - no side effects - just takes the edge off and due to me taking it so long, no drowsiness..... Only thing that has helped my anxiety to date.

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#343167 - 03/12/09 07:33 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

I take it only on bad days when I don't think I can handle it on my own. min eis 1mg tablets and my doc told me to just take half.In the past 6 months I've only taken it 3 times .It really helped.Take it about an hour before you have to go anywhere.I also take it with me just in case, kinda like taking my pepto bismol..if I just know i am prepared for the worst..that usually keeps the D at bay and the anxiety too.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#343168 - 03/12/09 07:40 AM
mrae

Reged: 02/05/09
Loc: California

Mine is 1mg to and I am suppose to take it twice a day but I usually only take it right before bed because it makes me drowssy. Thanks for all the replies
-------------------
IBS-D

#348037 - 07/13/09 05:43 PM
Naturapanic

Reged: 02/16/06

Is it true Lorazepam has lactose in it or the casing?
If so, should we avoid it?

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2918 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1838

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review