All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Luna no more
      #343066 - 03/09/09 04:38 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Have you noticed Nutz Over Chocolate Luna bars are no longer available? I am telling everyone I know and wanting sympathy. I have pretty much eaten one every day for over 4 years. Now I am trying to replace it with something else. Lunas are great because of the nutrition in them and being under 200 calories. Odwalla bars are safe and sold at Target now but have less nutrition and more fat and calories. Still they are an alternative. I just don't love the other Luna flavors much and I am pretty depressed they aren't making Nutz over Chocolate anymore (I have checked Target, Walmart and my grocery store).

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

turns out new
      #343067 - 03/09/09 04:46 PM
Little Minnie

I went to the website and found out that the peanut butter flavors were recalled in the PB scare. It doesn't say that at stores (usually you see recall signs) but I am glad it is just that. I hope they come back soon!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: turns out new
      #343133 - 03/11/09 12:50 PM
vettech

Reged: 06/08/08
Loc: ME

The same thing happened to the PB flavor of my Zone bars. Fortunately they have a lot of other flavors I like, too. But I do miss the PB!

--------------------
IBS-A and GERD since 1983
Low FODMAP since 2012

#343144 - 03/11/09 04:39 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I like the peanut butter luna bars and I did read on the recall list that the Luna bars with peanuts or peanut butter were recalled. Hopefully they will be able to get their peanuts from another company so they can start making them again.

--------------------
Janey

#343236 - 03/14/09 12:27 AM
Sailing Away

Reged: 03/31/05

I had some that were part of the recalled lots and when I called they said they did it to be safe since they didn't know if there were other peanut suppliers with the same problem. Additionally the safety of their customers was a priority. It sounded from the customer service rep I was talking with they had not used peanut products from that horrible vendor. I was desperate a few weeks back and ate one for a snack when I found it in my desk. No problems from it. Hopefully they will be back on the shelf.

#343259 - 03/14/09 07:23 PM
Little Minnie

Of the other flavors available at Target (vs grocery store- too pricey) I only like peppermint. I had smores today and it was way too sweet! I think lemon is too sweet too and caramel brownie and the blueberry and strawberry aren't good. I used to like more flavors but only like Nutz now. I would love for Target to have the trail mix one- that seems less sweet- also the raisin cookie.
I have been buying some Odwalla bars in the meantime. They are ok but the nutrition is slim compared to Luna. Luna bars are like eating Total- so much nutrition.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1723 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1315

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review