Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Herbal Supplements for those who take Melatonin also Lil Minnie new
      #342968 - 03/07/09 12:39 PM
Runs No Fun

Reged: 12/02/08
Loc: Long Island, NY

Quote:

Good advice! But, ceiling fan?

I was going to write "chandelier" but don't know how to spell it.

--------------------
Saul (IBS - D)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Herbal Supplements for those who take Melatonin new
      #342973 - 03/07/09 02:28 PM
LtDanFan

Reged: 12/17/03
Loc: Ohio

Thanks everyone for being so supportive and not thinking I am an idiot....I am going to try it once more, but half during the day when I don't have to go anywhere. I think I just want to see how is actually makes me feel, anxious, sleepy etc. and that day I just won't plan anything in case I did just paranoid myself out and I get tired. I will not mention the ceiling fan, my husband would be searching for a way......he'll have blue prints

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia
DX: w/ Multiple Sclerosis 3/10
I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. Phil 4:13

#342979 - 03/07/09 03:56 PM
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

OMG you are as funny as Runs! Blueprints. Hey Runs, blueprints.

#342980 - 03/07/09 04:28 PM
Runs No Fun

LMAO, Lynn.

Good one, DanFan!

That's a good idea to try the melatonin on a night in which you can spend the next day "relaxing" just to see its effects.

--------------------
Saul (IBS - D)

#342981 - 03/07/09 04:49 PM
LtDanFan

Well, when you have IBS-D, OCD, and MS, you got to try to find humor in anything you can. I think my husband went to Lowe's with blueprints in hand.......I think I'll be "asleep" when he gets home... I thought taking it through the day, would give me a chance to see and feel exactly what it's doing to me......but if I can't handle it, does anyone want this bottle, I just bought it yesterday. No charge, I'd rather give it to someone then throw it away. LtDanFan

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia

#342982 - 03/07/09 05:01 PM
Runs No Fun

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate, but it's refreshing to see someone like that with the ability to laugh.

Good luck!!

--------------------
Saul (IBS - D)

#342983 - 03/07/09 05:05 PM
LtDanFan

Runs,
Forgot to tell you I like your name, is that weird?? Thanks, some days I take the Montel approach. I may have MS, but MS doesn't have me!! It's easier certain days then others, just like with the IBS. Some days you wake up, have a normal poop and sing Halilueah, and others it's like WTC, did I eat, breathe or smell that gave me an IBS attack.

--------------------

Re: Herbal Supplements for Insomnia for someone with IBS-D new
      #342991 - 03/08/09 06:42 AM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

I'm like you about taking anything new and have to research the heck out of it, ask everyone I know, pray about it, ask everyone again, can't trust the dr. - can you tell I have a control issue?? I also was diagnosed with GAD and PTSD.
I have just one word of caution - check with a pharmacist or someone know knows psychotropic meds combining with supplements, inasmuch as you mentioned you also take Lorazepam (Valium), right?

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Re: Herbal Supplements for Insomnia for someone with IBS-D new
      #342999 - 03/08/09 10:52 AM
LtDanFan

GaGa,

Boy I'm glad to see I'm not alone with the being a little over precautious......anyway. Yes, I take Prozac and Lorazepam, which is Ativan. It's a "pam" so it's related to valium I"m sure. The night I took the half of the melatonin, I didn't take my lorazepam. I do not take a large dose, not more then one a day, so I do not feel it was a withdrawl from it, but I'm not a doctor, just sometimes pretend to be.........Thanks I called the pharamcy, pharamacist was busy, I"ll call back.

--------------------

Re: Vivid dreams new
      #343009 - 03/08/09 06:35 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Since melatonin is a natural thing in our bodies, do you think people with vivid crazy dreams all the time have more than normal melatonin?
I would give anything to not dream. And I don't take melatonin or chantix!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 362 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14208

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review