All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
REALLY Worried about this..
      #342363 - 02/19/09 05:32 PM

Unregistered

I often can't go to the bathroom without using my finger to dig up there..sorry for the details..I will go a good amound but then a large portion is still stuck or theres a small stool or 2..theres no other way for me except use my finger or have a pain in my side...Sometimes there's just one big stool and I use my finger and push..I was told I will lose control of my sphinter muscles then will have to wear an adult diaper and stool will just come loose all the time..is this really true? who else has this problem..HELPPP

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REALLY Worried about this..bump new
      #342380 - 02/20/09 08:59 AM

Unregistered

my mom wouldn't leave me alone.she kept telling me don't cry to me when your in an adult diaper and stools fall out..I kept telling her what the F*** do you want me to do about it? Should I not go to the bathroom at all? SHould I have a cramp in my side from stools stuck in there that I can get out with some help? She just ignored me.ANYONE? lots ot ppl read my thread..

#342381 - 02/20/09 09:23 AM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

I have no idea if this is true or not - I have read other people here on the board doing that , but I don't think all the time. Just wanted to send <<Hugs>> and to say, with all respect to your mom, I don't think she has any idea what she's talking about, and I'd recommend getting advice from others before worrying too much about anything she says, at least regarding IBS.

What things are you doing to get your IBS better? When you say you go a good amount but then feel like there is more, have you tried getting up and going for a walk around the house to see if it "moves things around" in there? That's what helps me if I still feel like I need to go but "it's" not ready to come out yet.

HTH, and I hope that you feel better soon! Remember, don't stress too much 'cause that won't help your IBS at all. Be calm and know that things will get better!

--------------------
~*Amber*~

#342382 - 02/20/09 09:28 AM
Runs No Fun

Reged: 12/02/08
Loc: Long Island, NY

You seem to have an obsession about emptying your bowels completely. Why don't you let nature take its course and leave the bowel movements up to your body? It is NOT necessary for everyone to completely void themselves every day.

Poop when you have to, and don't force any more after that. If you don't have diarrhea then it's not like it will come falling out of you when you're walking down the street.

Try it for a week. Good luck!

--------------------
Saul (IBS - D)

#342384 - 02/20/09 10:31 AM

Unregistered

I let nature take its course just fine..I get an urge to go,then I go.But if I don't get the stuff that got stuck after I go,I will get pain and just have feces stuck in my side. I really don't want to be cramped over at work..I feel alot better when I do that. Sometimes I don't even know I have to go to the bathroom except the feeling of bloating or uncomfortable then I put my finger up there and theres a bunch of stool trying to get out.

#342389 - 02/20/09 01:39 PM
julieb123

Reged: 07/19/07
Loc: uk liverpool

i do what you do use my fingers i no its yuk but dont worry lots do my GI doctor said its normal
am not sure were you are from have you tried a suppositories each day not ya fingers
i have been on linseeds powder for a few days am bloated and have cramp but helps soooooooooooo much
am sorry for you pain and discomfit i no whats its like hurts dont it

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

#342410 - 02/20/09 08:49 PM

Unregistered

It's not diarreah or hard stool..and if I used a supository then stuff would get stuck in me like get too mushy..I go alot everyday..I could go a big one and still have alot stuck in me..Why are people telling me I will lose control of my sphincter muscles?

#342423 - 02/21/09 06:00 AM
sunnydays

Reged: 02/16/09
Loc: Boston Ma

I know what you mean. I also feel like I need to go more and the thought occurred to me to use my finger but I just didnt want to..and walking around doesnt help for me I have to wait until my body does it and that might be 2 to 5 days later..I had been suffering with constipation for years but the last 3 years the symptoms are just worse..When I cant completely go I feel so bloated and awful..lately I have been having bouts of D too after being constipated then Ill have a normal movement..the next day its back to bloat ..cramps gurgling and pinging around in my gut like the gas cant get out ..I have had to stretch my opening to release the gas...it almost as if some parts of my intestines are paralyzed or blocked...hmmmmm

I wish heather would please read my thread and answere,HEATHER HEATHER plz.. new
      #342427 - 02/21/09 08:30 AM

Unregistered

That sounds really scary..I don't have to stretch myself to let gas out though.Last night I felt as if stools would be comming out last night..well it was almost 12 and it never did so I went to bed as I am a light sleeper and everyone here wakes up early..I slept about 2 hours then couldn't sleep till about 5 hours later the discomfort,gas and bloating was so bad..I know its cuz stool wants out.

Re: I wish heather would please read my thread and answere,HEATHER HEATHER plz..bump new
      #342499 - 02/23/09 08:48 AM

Unregistered

Is there any way for us or an email adress heather alows for us to contact her? Also has anyone read my Feeling Trapped post? I was really in tears and am still worried about it..

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 479 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11792

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review