All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
HELP...WHAT AM I DOING WRONG
      #342324 - 02/19/09 04:23 AM
laine65

Reged: 02/07/09

I have been on the diet now for 3 weeks and taking the Acacia(approx 1 to 2 teas a day) I actually was feeling pretty good until yesterday when the attacks started again and have ended up in the bathroom for the last 12 hours. I thought that I was eating everything right but then got sick out of the blue. I started out only eating soluble fiber and the last few days was adding insoluble to my diet but never alone or on a empty stomach. I am ready to give up but I won't. Now I don't know what to eat. Can anyone help me. I am drinking peppermint tea right now but am afraid to aid the Acacia to it. Should I?
HELP

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: HELP...WHAT AM I DOING WRONG new
      #342325 - 02/19/09 04:37 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Could you have a bug? Are IBS-C, IBS-D or IBS-A? It would be helpful if you posted the meals and snacks you have eaten for the past 2-3 days.

Sometimes IBS attacks are not related to food but are related to stress, hormones and other things.

Definitely take the acacia if it has bothered you for the past 3 weeks.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#342326 - 02/19/09 05:00 AM
laine65

I am IBS-D. I am sure I am not sick and hormones are not an issue. If I had to guess, I did skip lunch for a couple of days because I was not hungry also had a headache and took 1/2 of a tablet of excedrin. Don't know if either one was a factor but I don't know where to start as far as eating now. Should I take the Acacia with D and how much. Just don't know what to eat since the attack.

#342327 - 02/19/09 05:12 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

If the acacia has not been bothering you for the past three weeks then by all means keep taking it.

Skipping meals with IBS is not a good idea. For some people simply skipping meals can cause problems.

What meals and snacks have you been eating for the past 2-3 days?

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

I will go back on the acacia. Mostly eating turkey,chicken for dinner with applesauce and rice. new
      #342328 - 02/19/09 06:09 AM
laine65

for lunch usually soy yogurt with a fruit added(necterine)
breakfast usually sourdough toast, peppermint tea or oatmeal plain with the tea. I was eating rice cakes for treats. I also was eating baked lays chips and am wondering if that was a trigger. also was baking the banana bread in heather's book and a chocolate cake recipe that I tried from the book. maybe I should just stay on the soluble fiber diet until I start feeling better again. I appreciate your help especially since I am very new to this and just want to get better. I should also mention that I am in Florida on vacation and expecting company for a week in about an hour. Now if I could just get out of the bathroom. Also lactose intolerant.

Re: I will go back on the acacia. Mostly eating turkey,chicken for dinner with applesauce and rice. new
      #342354 - 02/19/09 03:42 PM
Barbara50

Reged: 09/26/07
Loc: Texas

I don't know exactly what could be triggering your episodes but I agree with Syl. You may have stress at play here. Personally I cannot tolerate soy, oatmeal or bananas at all and I have found that when I eat I need to eat soluble fiber first--usually baked potato, rice or french bread. I am also lactose intolerant so I avoid all lactose. It took me about 3 weeks of eating mostly soluble fiber to stabalize. Then I started adding slowly. I am now past my first year anniversary and I am pretty stable but I still have to watch the diet carefully--however, now it has become second nature.

--------------------
IBS-D, Gas & Bloating

Barbara50

maybe he rice cakes new
      #342368 - 02/19/09 07:10 PM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

I'm IBS D and rice cakes really give me trouble. I guess it's all hat brown rice and some brands have milk in hem.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7095 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2171

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review