Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
pls read and help
      #342129 - 02/15/09 06:49 AM
vikash

Reged: 02/11/09

hi im vikash
im suffering from ibs since 7-8 years
for 4-5 yrs. i used to visit bathroom twice a day...as soon as i get up in the morning and after my breakfast.

but since da past 2 years....my condition worsened bcos apart from going twice ,i used to feel the need to go again da entire day,plus there is pain and discomfort in my lower abdomen and bubbles seem to be there too.

so last year i went to a gastroenterologist in delhi,india.
first he gave me a multi-vitamin tab.,a tab to eat before breakfast which stopped the bubble feeling in my lower abdomen,a trycyclic anti-depressant(only 10 mg-very small dose)which he said is not for any psychology ,,,but will ease my pain , a natural dietary supplement-CREMADIET and a vitamin b12 tab(bcos vit b12 was very low in my blood)

i took these meds for 4 months,initially for 1-2 months it helped me but then my condition became as usual and worsened by time..
i went again to da same doctor,nd gota colonoscopy done,which revealed a wound in that region ...because sumtimes i used the finger back there ....bcause i could feel it coming but i was unable to pass stool....so my nails left a wound there.....he continued da same medicines and gave me a suppository for my new found wound.

im taking the same medicines,but im also taking a laxative called LAXIL -2 teaspoons daily at bedtime which is vry helpful for me
now since last 6 months i use the bathroom thrice ,the 3rd time right after lunch....
i have realized dat lot of foods dont suit me so i avoid them.i have left eating meat ,milk and milk products because it doesnt suits me/

rest i eat very healthy food,minimum junk and oily foods.
but i drink alcohol daily because after that i done feel like going to da loo the 4th tym after dinner.
so i drink each night.and i have tobacco also.

now after having the same medicines in larger dose,my condition is back 2 where it was widout any improvement and da doctor just says to increase da dose again.
i constantly feel da urge to go to bathroom all day.....so i am unable to concentrate on my business and family.
half the time i have to stay at home ,i suffer weakness also..my business has suffered a great set back

its very unhelpful,if any of you suffer any kind of my symptoms,,,then pls contact me,,,,hope we can help each other...
pls help me
this problem has spoiled my relations and my business life also

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: pls read and help new
      #342155 - 02/15/09 04:51 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

have you taken a fiber supplement? Alcohol isn't great but more importantly is to drink a lot of water or hot herbal tea. It helps you go!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#342208 - 02/16/09 07:24 PM
Karen1415

Reged: 07/04/08

Everyone has a different combination or recipe that works for them, Heather has documented much of the results of the trial and error process in her book, it is recommended that you read it to get stabilized The First Year: Irritable Bowel Syndrome, by Heather Van Vorous
http://www.helpforibs.com/books/1stIBS/books_1ibs_home.asp

Some of the items you listed in your diet are on the list of sneaky sins or triggers on this site: How to Eat for Irritable Bowel Syndrome
http://www.helpforibs.com/diet/how_to_eat.asp

Sometimes a brand of medication, vitamins, or laxative that works well for one person does not work well for others, you may need to try to identify which ones work and which ones do not, as well as research alternatives.

I noticed a decrease in urgency when I made the following changes, perhaps some of these can help you:

• Eliminated triggers in diet, especially greasy foods
• Added soluble fiber supplements such as Acacia and Citrucel
• Increased SF, such as white bread
• Switched from lexapro to fluoxetine antidepressant
• Added slippery elm on an empty stomach between breakfast and lunch
• Started exercising more regularly
• Used the hypnosis CDs

If you could please post a more detailed description of your diet, some of the experienced moderators can make recommendations.

Good luck
Karen

#342221 - 02/17/09 10:47 AM
Karen1415

Reged: 07/04/08

I forgot to list a probiotic such as Align works well for many people in conjunction with the IFE diet. http://www.aligngi.com/

You mentioned that this condition started 7 – 8 years ago; can you recall anything that may have caused it such as stress, diet change, surgery, bacterial, viral, or parasite infection?

I also looked up common foods of India and realized that I am out of my league or limited in offering helpful suggestions. The Indian foods I read about sound so incredibly delicious. Perhaps there is a nutritional expert in the region who can make more qualified suggestions?

I wish you all the best

Karen

#342678 - 02/28/09 06:38 AM
vikash

thanks karen
sorry for replying late
as of my diet
in india our main food is wheat flour or rice with pulses or vegetables.
rice works fine for me
but i cannot avoid wheat flour
plus i am unable to leave alcohol as i mentioned before

otherwise i eat healthy food,vegetables and stuff,try to avoid junk as much as possible
and occasionally fried food(once in a while)
thanks once again

#342679 - 02/28/09 06:41 AM
vikash

hi once again karen
i think my first experience of ibs started when i started facing lot of stress due to my family probl;ems- a very unfair relationship between my parents affected me deep down.
then i started towards alcohol and tobacco.
nothing more i can think of

#342680 - 02/28/09 06:46 AM
vikash

hi thanks for reading my post and replying
ya i take a fiber supplement-"cremadiet"which contains psyllium....
i take it with water (dissolved in water)at bedtime.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2300 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2165

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review