All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
IN HELL
      #342010 - 02/12/09 01:58 PM
jason61

Reged: 04/12/07

Not only do i have IBS with chronic constipation, but I also have prostate issues, a weak bladder, an external hemmorhoid and a fissure....one thing always aggravates the other so its a nonstop tug of war. if i take something to help me go to the bathroom it irritates my prostate and bladder...if i take something to help my bladder it exacerbates my constipation. I feel so disgusting and horrible 80% of the time and am seriously considering suicide cause i cant take it anymore. there nothing out there that will help me and i am forced to live in complete discomfort all the time. i want to die NOW

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IN HELL new
      #342012 - 02/12/09 02:23 PM
julieb123

Reged: 07/19/07
Loc: uk liverpool

hi there my name is julie am so sorry for your pain really i am have you told your GI doctor about your weak bladder?
cranberry juice helps water works fennel for consaption and bloating
i no what is like to feel you want to die i feel the same lots i have chronic constipation and anorexia to brittle bones
am no expert at this but am her to hat just like all the others on here any time take ok am sorry am not much help but i can listen

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

#342013 - 02/12/09 02:39 PM
jason61

Reged: 04/12/07

I appreciate it - doctors are a waste of my time and money. cant drink cranberry juice or fennel either

#342021 - 02/12/09 04:03 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Quote:

I feel so disgusting and horrible 80% of the time and am seriously considering suicide cause i cant take it anymore. there nothing out there that will help me and i am forced to live in complete discomfort all the time. i want to die NOW

I hear ya too...except I would boot it up to 90%. I also have "other medical problems" besides IBS and it can be too much to handle some days...well, lots of days! But what can we do?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#342034 - 02/12/09 06:12 PM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I know I just pestered you about this a few days ago, but have you seen anyone other than a traditional doctor? I never found doctors helpful, either. Everything that's helped me has been "alternative."

Feeling fed up, stressed out, suicidal - I've been there; I bet most of us all have. But I try to remember that having stressful thoughts about IBS is just as damaging to my health and my gut as eating a cheeseburger. Seriously. So I try to not worry about my future with this illness, and I try not to regret time "lost" in the past to it, and instead I focus on accepting that this is what is now for me. Have you read Jon Kabat-Zinn's Full Catastrophe Living? It changed so much for me in terms of learning to cope with illness without feeling like I'm resigning myself to it.

Also, on the topic of stress, are you getting the support you need to cope with all of this? Do you have a therapist? Taking an antidepressant? Practicing yoga? Meditating? I know I sound like a walking, talking Birkenstock but this stuff can make all the difference when dealing with IBS.

Also, as I mentioned in my earlier post, I think everyone on this site who hasn't been able to get stable with Heather's diet should see a medical intuitive. But I don't want to keep repeating myself, and I also don't want to stir any controversy. All I can say is it has blown my mind. And I consider myself a skeptical, rational-thinking person.

Best of luck. And please, if you do nothing else, read Kabat-Zinn! He really turned me around on how I think about and deal with my IBS.

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

How? new
      #342035 - 02/12/09 06:16 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

How do you find a good medical intuitive? Never heard of such a person. I'm interested if you think it has helped you. I've heard of a naturopath so how are they different?

Also, what is the title of the book by Kabat-Zinn?

thank you

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: How? new
      #342044 - 02/12/09 06:58 PM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Jordy, I don't want to say too much about it as I only just started - I've seen her once so far, just last week. She immediately "read" all my symptoms and identified some causes that we are going to work on. And, yes, I found her where I find everything - on the net. This isn't a special gift, it's a skill that anyone can learn. And intuitives can do analysis over the phone so you don't need to find a local one. Plus mine is also a naturopath so part of the cost is covered by my medical plan which covers NDs.

The book that got me into medical intuition is Anatomy of the Spirit by Carolyn Myss.

And the title of the book by Jon Kabat-Zinn is in my last post - Full Catastrophe Living. He's written other great stuff like Wherever You Go There You Are. And I have a set of his meditation CDs too. I love him. Here he is giving a talk to the staff at Google and leading them through a brief guided meditation - the whole thing is about an hour in length.

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

#342066 - 02/13/09 11:46 AM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

I'm so very sorry to hear that you're feeling this way. I know where you are- I've been having a particularly bad couple of days, and the only thing that's gotten me through is remembering that I promised my loved ones I would never try to hurt myself again. Can you make that promise to us? Everyone who comes to these boards in pain and in need is family- YOU are family here. What can we do for you?

I know that things seem hopeless right now, but there are still options. It's just hard to look at those options objectively when you're feeling badly. Is there anyone you can talk to, or someone physically near you that can help take some of the load off of your shoulders? I find it helpful when my husband or mom accompany me to doctor appointments, so they can catch what I miss and ask questions I would never think of. Or I just pass some of my chores off so that I can focus on getting better.

I also find that when my thoughts/feelings take a particularly dark turn, it helps to just drop everything and pick up an activity that I can totally immerse myself in. I like to knit, or I'll space out for a couple of hours in front of my computer making weird designs in photoshop. Anything to stop thinking, to get away from those feelings of helplessness.

Speaking from experience, you gotta take care of your thoughts/feelings and outlook before you can focus on your physical self. That's hard when you're in pain all the time, but negative thoughts only hinder your efforts, and then you feel as though you'll never get better. And you WILL get better!

All of that, and what I'm really trying to say is don't give up. We are here for you anytime that you need to talk, or rage, or get advice.

Best,

--------------------
~*Amber*~

#342159 - 02/15/09 06:15 PM
Karen1415

Reged: 07/04/08

Jason61,

Sorry you are feeling so bad, thank you for sharing your pain with us, you are not alone, and we care about you.

I found a website that has people who are trained to help people in despair, please call them, it is free and confidential.

1-800-273-TALK (8255)

http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

Hang in there, things will get better, it may not seem like it right now, but they will.

Karen

#342165 - 02/15/09 07:02 PM
eagles20

Reged: 02/13/09
Loc: NJ/Philly area

Jason, please don't give up man! Things will get better. You can't do that to your family and friends, if not for yourself. I myself have had 4 kidney trasnplants, I have spent over 4 years on kidney dialysis, I may hvae to go back on it soon, and I have had IBS-d for almost 20 years. But giving up is not the answer! Read some positive inspritational books, listen to some upliftign music, go workout and keep trying to get your hemorhoids, fissures, fixed or under control, and then you can work on the other stuff. Relax and hang in. Things will get better.

--------------------
I suffer from anxiety, depression, IBS, and lactose intolerance. I think they are all related. If anyone has any suggestions or just want to talk, shoot me an email. I'd love to talk to people with similar symptoms, people who can understand what I am going through. I am also waiting for a kidney transplant. Thanks and God bless you all!

#342346 - 02/19/09 01:29 PM
Hunca

Reged: 02/09/08

Oh boy, have I been where you are, and how. I had surgery for hemorrhoids and a fissure two years ago, and because no one treated the cause of it all, everything came back, and with a vengence. I'd tell the surgeon that I had IBS and bad constipation, and all he would say is, 'Eat fiber, drink water.' Yeah, real helpful. Drs are useless.

So, I too, live with a fissure, and wow, there is almost nothing more painful, esp with fibro on top of it. The things that have helped me the most are Heather's fiber, and Miralax. Miralax, imo, is like powder from the gods.

I take colace, too, but it just wasn't enuf. Now I add just a few granules of Miralax to my fiber (when I mix it in a bottle of water), and wow... the results have just been amazing! I can't take the stuff in capfuls, way too potent for me, but just a touch every day? and soft, well-formed stools are now mine. Muuuuuuuch easier on the fissure. Don't know if that sucker will ever heal, but for now? at least I'm a little more comfortable. I know this is graphic, but the Miralax keeps the stuff still inside soft, and that helps so much because then there isn't that hard pressure on your rectum.

Different drs recommend different things, and some don't like the colace every day, and they don't like the Miralax every day, but imo? it's better than being torn up, all the time. I've lost so much faith in drs, it's just sad. They just don't seem to have a clue. They treat everybody the same, and body chemistries just aren't the same; they also treat everything with pharmaceutical sledgehammers when a more gentle approach is muuuuuuch better.

I've felt suicidal, too. But, I still have things I want to do, so I just hang on, and so can you, you have to. Please don't give up.

#343141 - 03/11/09 03:40 PM
CathyF

Reged: 05/21/08

Was it worth to have hemorroids surgery? I can't stand the pain. I don't mind pooping a lot (without spasms) but the hemorroids are killing me. The next morning I felt 'bruising' butt. It was so awful.
After the surgery, do you have to watch what you eat?
cathy IBS-A

Edited by CathyF (03/19/09 04:59 PM)

Miralax new
      #343177 - 03/12/09 09:43 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

Miralax is my saving grace!!!!! I also take Amitiza, Protonix, Elavil, and Bentyl for my stomach, but Miralax is what keeps me going and going, everyday, with out fail. The only problem is, when I start pooting, I have to run to the bathroom, cause it is right there ready to come on out! And no, it's not D when it comes out, it is well formed stools that move on out easily. If I over eat, though, nothing helps, just the colon cleanse, and that doesn't do to sporty for a day or so. I, too, have a hemerrhoid. Since taking all drugs and Miralax, it doesn't hurt so badly anymore except on the days I have like 4 or 5 BM. That's a good day in one way, but my butt doesn't care for it much!

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#343229 - 03/13/09 02:57 PM
Clifton

Reged: 12/11/08

Jason, I too have similar problems but without the fissure. I am an IBS-D type though. I discovered something when I had bleeding piles - that I was straining a lot. To prevent straining I am now drinking 2 extra glasses of water first thing in the morning. That makes the motions easy with less strain. Also, as some of the others mentioned, I make it a point to walk and do yoga every day. That really helps.

For prostate and leaking bladder I consulted an urologist who prescribed me with a medicine that has reduced the leaking problems. I will really know how effective it has been only after I stop taking it. I have been taking it for the last 6 weeks or so.

The haemorrhoids have considerably eased after walking and yoga and of course most importantly after taking SF. I take SOLGAR's since I do not get Acacia locally.

Also, as others have mentioned, try cutting down fats and other IBS triggers.

Hope the above is helpful. Be positive and grateful for Heather's site!! It will work wonders for you as it has for all of us.

Clifton
--------------------------------------
IBS-D with gas & bloating 50+ years

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 506 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5535

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review