All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
ok it was not wise i no
      #341496 - 02/01/09 11:59 AM
julieb123

Reged: 07/19/07
Loc: uk liverpool

hi all ok i no it was wrong tonight for tea i had a sweet potato and salad and grilled chicken i no not wise
i am n so much pain now i think i ate it cos am fed up if i ate well am in pain and constipated if i eat wrong am the same omg its bad

i have just received my hypnotherapy CD and am haveing it on 4 times a day i pray i get help and piece soon

PS sorry i have let you down with eating a salad

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: ok it was not wise i no new
      #341497 - 02/01/09 12:02 PM

Unregistered

you know how you said you abuse laxatives? Is there any way you can get yourself off them? did You buy any of the supplements or look at the links, the regimint,the cammomile? the align?

#341499 - 02/01/09 12:22 PM
julieb123

am not sure i use to abuse them bad 60 a day when i was so ill i wasn't back on them till other day when my GI doctor but me back on them my bowl just wont work i have given up so much am in so much pain
i have fennel tea peppermint calamine
i just want a normal BM and be free from this i feel like going back to old ways bran flakes and stuff i have had enough i no people on this site are angry at me i post same stuff all time am just alone
my doctor say i am like i child inside most anorexia are please stay my friend

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

#341502 - 02/01/09 12:41 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Julie,
Can you call Dr. Whorwell's office tomorrow and talk to them about your concerns? Ask how long they think it will take for the diet and meds to start working and when you will start feeling better. It may be easier to follow the diet if you know how long it may take to start working. Make a list of questions or concerns you have so that you don't forget what you want to ask.

Try very hard to stick to the diet your doctor wants you to follow. While you are trying to get stable you should not eat foods that you know will make you feel sick.

I hope that you feel better soon.

Hugs

--------------------
Janey

#341504 - 02/01/09 12:47 PM

Unregistered

I've posted alot of the same things before..You have to do it or you will never get better..YOUR COLON WILL STOP WORKING AND THERE COULD BE PERMANENT NERVE DAMAGE..not yetlling,just trying to get your attention..anyway,for how lond did you abuse laxatives? Do you have money to buy supplements?..Please, if you can't leave your house..go order online..http://www.aligngi.com/about.shtml Terry's health products will ship to your house..call 1800 767-3581 to order.Order a pound of cammomile,I use a coffee pot to make my tea,put about 3 huge scoops in the filter. I drink about 3 or 4 pints a day. www.puritan.com origional papaya enzyme. Maybe you could replace your laxatives with regimint. or perhaps look into the prescription amitiza.

#341508 - 02/01/09 01:08 PM
julieb123

i do wish i new what to do or what am doing wrong and i feel so ill confused with so many people telling me different stuff

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

#341510 - 02/01/09 01:12 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

aperson,

I know you have genuine concerns about julie. Her doctor is Dr. Whorwell who did the original research on the probiotic used in Align (bifidobacterium infantis). Also, he was did the original research on IBS and hypnosis. She is in good hands.

At the moment Dr. Whorwell and his team have recommended a different probiotic. I believe he is aware of julie's previous abuse of laxatives. He has recommended she use a special kind of laxative - Ducolax - along with a special diet and hypnosis tapes.

It is important that we try not confuse julie as she moves through this difficult period. We need to support her and encourage her to contact Dr. Whorwell's IBS hotline for answers to her questions and concerns. Here is a link to interviews with Professor Whorwell about IBS and diet and IBS and hypnosis that you might enjoy.

Cheers

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#341511 - 02/01/09 01:17 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Julie,

Sorry to hear you are having a bad day.

It is important for you to follow the instructions Dr. Whorwell and his team have given you. It will likely take a while before you notice a difference. If you have questions then you should phone Dr. Whorwell's IBS hotline and get answers to your questions like you did before when you had concerns.

You have lots of supporters here. So hang in there and please be patient

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Have you tried Mirilax? new
      #341530 - 02/01/09 07:09 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

It worked wonders for both my Mom and my daughter. My Mom was so backed up and so uncomfortable she did not want to get out of bed. My daughter was so backed up that her muscles were stretched out and she was passing BMs without even realizing it and soiling her underwear. (The dr. said that the dried up BMs were sitting in her while the liquid BMs just passed around them and out her stretched muscles. (Yuck ... I know ...too much info.) anyway they both used Mirilax and they are both fine now. I'm going to talk to my dr. about it next week because I think I might need some too. Hope you feel better soon.
Chany

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1578 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2594

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review